3 Years and Counting!

Pegtrala
on 4/28/07 5:17 pm - Beaverton, OR
I received an email from Obesity Help, and it prompted me to come back and see how everyone is doing. It has been THREE years since my first surgery, and I'm still here! I thank God every day for another day. Each one is a bonus. I am well. I have color in my face and my lips again. What a blessing! I had my yearly CAT scan last week along with blood work etc. My very kind doctor called the following day to tell me that everything checked out fine. Whew! What a relief! I had been feeling pretty tense about this upcoming anniversary...especially since I knew I would need to once again have a CAT scan to make sure that the stomach cancer had not returned. Now I can relax and get back to "normal" living. There are alot of adjustments to make after surgery, and even three years later, I still am aware of some of them. I realize that my surgery was pretty extreme due to having to have all of my stomach removed during my second surgery, but it is amazing how much the body can adapt. I am so grateful. My "TWO-YEAR anniversary" for my second surgery will be August 12th. It is pretty wonderful to now be measuring the time in years instead of months. I am also grateful to this OH website. I haven't been posting for several months because I am no longer "new" to the process. However, this is an extremely valuable website. I still have it listed in my favorites, and I always know that I can come back here for encouragement/information/sharing. God bless each of you on your journey. Peg
DianneW
on 4/30/07 6:22 am - Louisville, KY
I'm glad you are doing well. I'm doing good too. Dianne
Pegtrala
on 4/30/07 1:33 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks, Dianne. I'm glad to hear you are doing good too. I still want to lose about 30 more pounds, but I am so much happier weighing 80 lbs. less than I did. It does get a little scary to see how easy it is to put weight back on. I know it has been a real struggle for you to maintain your weight and not let it get too low. Good luck to you, and I hope to check in a little more often. Peg
Rachelq
on 5/26/07 5:53 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Peg, Glad to hear all is well! Keep on keeping on! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views