Up 20lbs Since Lowest from 2004

karaoke Nadine
on 8/4/07 4:39 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Just checkin in here. It's been a long time but I can see that therer are many of us in the same boat...(slowly sinking). I eat now just like I did as a pre-op. My pouch doesnt even work anymore except that I'm hungrier more often that I ever was pre-op. No food bothers me......its like I never had surgery (except that my Farts stink more). I think I'm ready for a lap-band. This year the weight is creeping on fast. I gained 5 lbs just last month. Every morning I tell myself, "today I will eat better" and then by noon I forgot my pledge. Oh well. My question is: How many of you on this forum, have managed to reach goal and keep it off? Nadine
DianneW
on 8/7/07 2:55 am - Louisville, KY
I'm sorry you are struggling. I still seem to dump, sometimes even more now. the other day I ate to much and threw up for the first time since surgery. I have developed all kinds of food allergies and feel like I never know what to eat. I feel sick all the time, have terrible migraines and my stomach hurts. I'm at or below my goal, but I don't know if it is worth it. Hang in there. Dianne
thin_tyme
on 9/16/07 4:27 am - WY
Hi Nadine It has been a long time since a lot of us have posted, me included. I have been struggling with a weight gain as well. 30lbs in the past year in a half and the last 10 just over summer. I have just in the last week gone back to basics. This is what I am doing and I don't know yet if it will help me. Breakfast - 2 ounces protein 2 ounces starch 1 ounce fruit Lunch- 2 ounces protein 2 ounces vegetable 1 ounce fruit Dinner- 2 ounces protein 2 ounces vegetable 1 ounce starch I don't know yet as I am afraid to get on the scale since last week, the scale for me right now is a source of stress. Just when I think I am doing well I get on the darn thing and I have gained. Plus now I have some drug interaction issues(cause weight gain) and I am nervous. So we shall see. How have you been doing since your last post? Mechelle
karaoke Nadine
on 9/16/07 5:59 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
I am still doing the same Mechelle. Thanks for posting your experience. I swear as each day goes by, I am hungrier and hurngier. My pouch does work but I snack a lot. Snacking is probably my biggest problem. I know my surgery didn't fail me but I fail IT. I am not working my tool. I also need to get my butt moving. I don't exercise at all. I think I'm still waiting for a miracle.
reenieb
on 12/18/08 5:40 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi Mechelle, I hope you don't mind my contacting you, I'm from the March 2004 board and I'm "board hopping" trying to get some help - I lost over 215 lbs. with my original surgery but am now struggling mightily, having gained back 15 lbs. I saw this post of yours and just wanted to know how you're doing and if you were able to get back to basics and regain control of your eating issues - how are you doing? I'd love to chat. I'm in real trouble with the food. Thanks. Maureen
Daphne F.
on 5/2/08 2:11 pm - Medford, NY
Hi Nadine, I thought I was the only one gaining weight. I have gained 10 pounds this year. I had my 4th anniversity on April 30th. I would do the bypass again in a heart beat. I have gone back to work after 12 years of not being able to walk without sitting down or using a shopping cart to go to the store for a quart of milk. I have to get myself back to exercising. I don't want to go back to my fat clothes. Well, I am going to go on the treadmill and look at the biggest loser again. I taped the shows and watch to get the push to keep going. I still get the full feeling and can't eat like I was doing before the bypass. But I have gained 10 pounds. On my job, we have candy and all kinds of sweets lying around. I have found Oreo 100 calorie cookies in the little pouch. I am going to take a pouch with me to work. I crave crunchy and salty. Thank God I don't crave ice cream anymore. Breyer's butter pecan was my drug of choice. Can't eat ice cream anymore. Lactose intolerant now. I heard about something new. Have to find out about it. Will let you know. Daphne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views