Looking For Some Help

Richard P.
on 11/4/07 1:59 pm - Hazel, KY
Hi All, I originally lost 229 pounds, but have now gianed back 69 pounds. I was down to 160 pounds and everyone thought I was too skinny. That really made me feel great. Now, however, I am up to 229 pounds and am very afraid of gaining any more. What can I do short of sewing my lips closed? Thanks.
DianneW
on 11/8/07 9:04 pm - Louisville, KY
I would try seeing a therapist to find out the reason behind why you are overeating again, if you are depressed consider medication. Get back to basics like when you first had surgery, exercise, protien, no sugar, etc. Good luck. Dianne
Richard P.
on 11/10/07 7:44 am - Hazel, KY
Thank you for your kind response. You are the only one winner on the who cared enough to reply to my cry for help. May God bless you and yours.
janiej
on 11/13/07 10:41 am - Independence, IA
I agree.... you need to figure out why are you wanting to eat... are you substituting it for something else in your life? That said.... I had weight gain myself -- but am working on reversing that. Are you exercising... for me that is a KEY part of keeping my weight down. I actually have gotten a little fanatical on it... it's a good kind of habit now. Early in the morning works best for me -- it's my time..... and I work out mixing up cardio and weights 5 to 6 times a week. That also allows me to have some of the "forbidden" foods. I'm on a choc star kick now. I found that when I cut back on my eating and went back to eating like I should -- lots of fruit, veggies and protein -- along with the exercise the weight started coming off. And my pouch also shrunk back to where it was early on.... so I can't eat as much at a meal. (I'm almost 4 yrs out). It's possible -- have faith, think positive and work your butt off. We have a tool and it's up to us to figure out how to use it for the rest of our lives. Good luck Janie "Our Lives Are Dictated By the Choices We Make"
Just Janice
on 11/14/07 1:46 am - Houston, TX
Hello Richard! While it may seem that no one is replying, just remember that this is a sloooow board, but we do reply when we remember to stop by here! With that being said, when is the last time you had your bloodwork checked and a physical? This surgery, while miraculous, also plays a wee bit of havoc on our bodies. One off-kilter vitamin or plunge in thyroid function can bring about weight gain, weight loss, depression, or the growing of a third limb or tail...lol Seriously, my advice would be to start with a complete blood panel workup, a checkup to insure all parts ae fine and still functioning...maybe even test to see if your stoma has stretched or something like that, esp if you feel you can eat a large amount. If everything checks out postively, like others have said, go back to basics...low-carb, high protein, meals three times a day (no bigger than the size of your fist), maybe a small, high protein snack or two during the day. FLUIDS FLUIDS FLUIDS!!! Also, step up your physical activity. We are all at the point now where it gets a lil difficult at times. Our bodies have settled in, and as you know from your pre-op days, can get somewhat comfy being in a rut and slacking off a bit. Your tool still works, so kick it in the tushie and get it working for YOU! Good luck! Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views