4 years ago today (post your update!)

Larakatya
on 4/1/08 4:43 am - Twin Cities, MN
I'm the April fool, I had my lap RNY on 4/1/04. Me, I'm maintaining. Thank you god/dess for this amazing tool. Thank you for all the lessons I've learned through this journey. And most of all, CONGRATULATIONS to all my April 04 people!!! Please please use this post to check in and say how you're doing. With love and respect, ~Lara
HarleyGirl
on 4/1/08 5:43 am - Maricopa, AZ
I am a Open RNY'r from 4/1/4! Still not at goal, but that's ok I have maintained my 130lb +or- loss for a long time. I feel great, no major health issues, wearing 12-14 sizes. I still carry a picture from my date of discharge from the hospital and was showing it at work today. The best thing today is that my boss (who is male) said he doesn't even remember me heavy, "to me you have always been like you are today!" God Bless all of us April Fools "birthday's"
Just Janice
on 4/1/08 6:06 am - Houston, TX
Happy Anniversary!
Just Janice
on 4/1/08 6:05 am - Houston, TX
Congrats, Lara, on your surgiversary! Moreso, kudos to YOU for maintaining, esp with the year you have had, oy vey! As for me, I am maintaining at 140, but bounce up and down to 145, esp when stressed or Aunt Flo makes a visit..ugh! I had a tummy tuck 4/06, and a revision in Dec of 06 as well. I am still waiting for the %&*@$@% insurance company to come to their senses and realize that a breast reconstruction is NOT cosmetic, and that rashes, back pain, and stepping on a nipple in the middle of the night DOES make it a medical necessity. Until then, just hanging around (more literally than figuratively), and doing the ol tuck and roll thing. Pfffffffft. I am still in a bad head space when it comes to SEEING that I am no longer MO. I have an obsession with weighing less than I do now, but my body has said no more and holds steady at my current weight for the most part. They never said WLS would fix the mind...I guess they knew a lil something about that, eh? Anywhoooo, glad to see you here, and again congrats on your success! Janice
DianneW
on 4/2/08 1:16 am - Louisville, KY
Congratulations to everyone. My anniversary is 4/15/04. Tax day. I have gained (I'm up to 156) from my lowest at 125. I think I was actually kind of anorexic. I looked sick and people thought I was sick. Today I'm in a 10 - 12 and look good. I haven't had any plastic surgery so I have lots of skins. I should check into seeing if I could get something paid for. My pre-surgery weight was 342 so I've maintained a loss of 186 pounds which is pretty incredible. No one here knew me at my heaviest, I weighed 190 when I moved to Louisville, and people don't even remember at that weight. People do say I look better since gaining some weight back. I think it makes me look younger. I hope we all will take the time to do something really special for ourselves this month. We all deserve to celebrate ourselves. Dianne
Donna Paige
on 4/2/08 8:28 am - Pottstown, PA
I can't believe it has been four years ago. Things have been so crazy since then. I've had a couple of rounds of plastic surgery, breast reduction, tummy tuck, thigh plasty. No matter how much they tighten the skin up, it just keeps on loosening. Dr. Louis had told me this would happen. I do wish I could have had the backside done. I've got about 8" of hanging skin off of each thigh. I was gaining weight last summer. I had gotten back up to 158lbs. I'm proud to say that I am now down to my lowest of 125lbs. I've had a lot of back pain lately which kinda lead to a hysterectomy and yet still my back pain is not so good. However I don't feel much like eating. I had lost 13lbs in 3 weeks. I'm happy to say the appetite is back though so I'm trying to maintain this weight. THANK GOD for this surgery. Hope you are all well. Donna Paige
loriann117
on 4/3/08 6:31 am - New Bern , NC
Happy Anniversary to all!! I am also am April Fooler...hard to believe that it has been 4 years!! Of course when I think about all the changes that have occured in my life over the past 4 years it has been a true journey. I have always done more reading on this site then posting, but wanted to say Congrats to all who have been working as hard as I have over the past 4 years..... Still holding at a 100 pound loss!! I went down too low last year due to a bowel obstruction, but worked my way back up to 125 where I am most comfortable. Best wishes to you all!!! ~L~
DianneW
on 4/4/08 4:50 am - Louisville, KY
Does anyone know of the website that tells you how much protien and other stuff we should be eating? dianne
William G.
on 4/9/08 7:21 pm - Kalaheo, HI
Aloha! I had my open RNY on 9 April 2004... It has meant MUCH greater freedom (even skiing again) for this senior citizen (63). Weight bottomed out, climbed slightly, then leveled off. Great to hear everyone is doing so well.
lacmike
on 4/23/08 8:39 am - York, PA
It was four years for me April 21....For the first three years I maintained the weight of 138-142, I loved it....in the past year I have gained about 20 lbs....I know I am not getting enough protein and have become addicted to French Onion Soup, I eat it almost daily. I know I need to eat more meat. I supposed 258 to 158, but I miss being a size 6 and I am now a 10/12. Lori 258/158
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views