5 Day Pouch Test

Rachelq
on 5/8/08 7:49 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hey Aprilers. Well here we are, fully ensconced in year 4. For me things are looking up. I'm making changes and feeling really good about them. 1)I've started the 5 day pouch test (see 5daypouchtest.com). This is designed to cleanse you, get you back to basics and to give your pouch rest and a possible chance of shrinking a bit. Day 1 & 2 were tough. Today...day 4...I feel great! 2) my job has been making me miserable and taking me away from the people I love, away from my support group and away from OH...I'm resigning. I even think I may have already found a new job! Best of all DH is in full support of my decision to step down (despite the huge loss in salary...have to say good bye to my housekeeper...oh well.) 3) I'm working on understanding me and my body instead of being freaked out about not having a normal relationship with food and for not being able to eat like a 'normal' person. What I am is all I got...so I've got to deal... 4) Back on the California and April board. I hope many of you will join me in the latter. I need to start living my life out loud again. The good, bad and saggy! Accountablity and keeping it real. So for all that, I have to say, I don't know if I've lost any weight, but I sure feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me. Come on lurkers...come out to play! Rachel
Just Janice
on 5/14/08 5:07 am - Houston, TX
Hey Rachel! Congrats on doing the 5DPT! I have done this a few times, not to lose weight, but to decarb and control the demons. Good luck! I pop in and out of here every few days, and would LOVE to see this board more active! So, c'mon guys..lets DO IT! J
cedsangel
on 6/2/08 7:22 pm - Bitburg, Germany
So I'm sad to say that I've put on about 12 unwanted pounds in the last year or so, and am hoping to kick start again too!! I've already started back to the gym, but I definately need to restart the diet. I've definately put the importance of my WLS diet on the backburner, and eat whatever I can handle (because I fortunately CAN NOT handle all that much still~4 yrs later!) What a great post you wrote and I'll definately be comin in and hanging out around here more! Good luck on your endevours and wish me luck on mine!!! COFFEE IS MY VISE!!! I said it, My name is Kay and I'm a CoffeeAHolic! LOL
Larakatya
on 8/7/08 4:18 am - Twin Cities, MN
*hug* I'm not at a point where I am ready to commit to the 5day but reading the site gave many insights to me of areas for improvement. Congratulations on all your continued hard work, and the success that comes with it!!! Love, ~Lara
bajovane
on 10/29/09 3:07 am - Manchester, NY
It's year 5 for me and I lost a total of 135 pounds but have sinced gained back 30 from my lowest point (which was indeed way too low, according to my doctor).  I would like to lose maybe 15 pounds, which would put me at a level that the doctor wanted me to maintain at.

Thanks for the info on the 5 day pouch test.  I've just ordered this and I do hope this will help me get back control of my pouch and get my diet back on track.  I don't like the way I feel at this point and most certainly do not want to gain any more weight.  Nuh uh - ain't gonna go back there.
Jane S.
on 6/14/10 3:34 am - ozark, MO
How is the 5dpt going for you? I decided to start my test today. Over the past two years I have lossed almost 200 pounds. In the last few months I have ate stuff that I know that was bad for me. Last week I stepped on the scale and I had gained 20 pounds. It was my wake up call. I have worked too hard to just go back to my old way of eating. I'm getting back on the wagon. Best of luck to you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 472 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 729 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 672 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 747 views