Anybody out there?

Middlesgirl
on 5/17/08 9:58 am - Lansing, MI
Over four years out and still having problems with what I can and can't eat. Seems like there isn't much I CAN eat. So much emotional distress and other issues have popped up since I have had surgery. I really wish I had some friends closer who understood where I am coming from. I am so afraid of really starting to gain back weight. I have put on about 10-15 pounds, but I had gotten so thin, everyone says I look healthier. For me, when I sit down, or try to put on clothes, I feel like I am 300 pounds again even though I can look in the mirror and see that I am not. I really wish the mental side of things would be fixed with the physical side. The medical folks don't seem concerned with that part.
DianneW
on 5/18/08 11:51 pm - Louisville, KY
Erin, I have struggled with depression since my weight loss and had to take antidepressants. I know what you mean about feeling heavy when you aren't. Hang in there. Dianne
Rachelq
on 5/19/08 12:16 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I know all to well the feeling of being out of control. Are there any support groups in your area? You don't have info in your profile, so I don't know where you are weight loss wise, so I'm not sure if I should recommend a diet for you, but a couple of us are starting the 5daypouchtest (add a .com for info). It is designed to get you back to basics. Did it two weeks ago and lost 5lbs. Have kept it off too. Keep fighting the good fight, Rachel
Middlesgirl
on 5/19/08 12:40 am - Lansing, MI
I started at 346 and am currently holding about 149. So I am in the healthy range, just delusional I think. I still throw up the majority of what I eat, and the best stuff for me is what I have the hardest time with.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 472 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 729 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 672 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 747 views