Down 10lbs - Starting the 5dpt tomorrow!

Rachelq
on 6/7/08 8:15 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Scale read 155. I'm still up 15lbs from my lowest, but I feel so good. Things are fitting again, my blood pressure is excellent, I'm full of energy! I saw a friend I hadn't seen in over a year. He said, "wow, you're still looking great and keeping the weight off!" It's been a long time since I've had a wow moment! So I'm doing another round of the 5day pouch test tomorrow. It really seems to be getting my pouch back in gear. I truly cannot eat as much. I dunno? but it seems to be working, so I'm sticking with it. I leave for Hawaii on Friday, so I expect I'll be gaining some weight back, but I'm not afraid of it anymore. I know I can lose it! It is such a good feeling! Hope the rest of you are doing well! Thanks for the support! Rachel
Donna Paige
on 8/1/08 12:31 pm - Pottstown, PA
It's nice hearing from you again and that you are doing so well. Last summer I had reached 158lbs and I kinda freaked out. I lost down to 122lbs and I thought ok that this is enough. Recently I have been having the symptoms of an ulcer again and I have reached 115lbs. Of course it all comes from the top so I look like a skeleton and even after all the plastics there is tons of skins left behind. I hate having the floating tire when I get into the water. Everything is loosing up again and that's all I see. I just wish I could be happy with the healthy weight. I'm sill super morbidly obese in my head no matter what the scales say. I look and act like a frail old lady. I suffer with psacharilac joint dysfunction. There is never a day without pain. I get injections and they last for about a week but I think the cortisone and all the advil are having an effect on my health. I lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks. I go back to the hemotologist on the 11th and see what he says but I already know the iron and b12 are bad as it is all the same symptons as the last ulcer 3cm that I had. This one feels larger just by the way I am feeling. I guess it will be a 6th or is it 7 EDG's. Anyway it refreshing to hear someone who is doing well. Take Care! i really miss this board.
Rachelq
on 9/15/08 9:46 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hey Donna,
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I've been off this board for a while.

I'm sorry things are so difficult for you. I can't imagine living with chronic pain and you are in my prayers.

As far as body image, I can't say I'm happy with how I look naked, but I philosophical about it. I used to fit in this skin! My counselor has me doing this...

...get fully naked, look in the mirror...really look. Keep doing it each day with the intention of not having a negative thought about yourself. Its sounds silly, but it really works.

Sure, I'd love it if I didn't look like and old lady naked. I'd especially love for my skin not to hang over my waist band..but I'm too chicken (and poor) for plastics...so I have to deal.

Anyway, did you end up with an ulcer? How are you feeling now?

Rachel
M M
on 9/29/08 12:26 am
Donna, WTF?  FRAIL OLE LADY?!  Hang in there. 

How are you feeling now?
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 472 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 729 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 673 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 747 views