November Post - 4yrs7mths Update here

Larakatya
on 11/5/08 2:56 pm, edited 11/5/08 2:57 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hello All of my April 04 Fools! 

We're all still in this together.  How did you all fare through this October?  Did you give in to the candy, or conquer the carb monster this past month? 

I pledge to reply to every poster - it may take me some time - but I'll be checking back regularly through the month.

Please post:
1. A goal you have for yourself for this month - and thanksgiving season.
2. A positive thing about yourself, your life, or your support network.
3. Something you're grateful for
4. What we can do to help you out this month

With love and respect to all on this journey,

~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04
Larakatya
on 11/5/08 3:16 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Here's my reply to this month's poll:

1. A goal you have for yourself for this month - and thanksgiving season.
I want to bring low glycemically impacting pies to the family thanksgivings I'll be attending - to show my beloved people how delicious a healthy dessert can be.

I also want to get back into a regular cardio workout - aqua jogging in a warm pool is what I want to do!

2. A positive thing about yourself, your life, or your support network.
I am continuing to slowly lose the bounce weight I had put on during the difficult year of my marriage  A smileygram of the divorce process:

I'm down to 207 and am so very grateful for this tool.  Even when my meds make me nauseated, or my meds give me a vast hunger, I'm able to get the right nutrition for my body. 

3. Something you're grateful for
My kitty cat (where's the cat smiley?)- he's been a dear. I'm also grateful that I've been coming out of my depression/grieving process.  I'm starting to feel better emotionally, and I'm starting to draw positive people to me.  I'm hopeful that I'll keep meeting new people, and perhaps even start dating in the not too distant future.

4. What we can do to help you out this month
The best gift for me would be just to have everyone *****ads this, to please take a few moments and make some kind of reply.  Supporting each other is essential, and we're all in this together.  I'm praying for all of you - to conventional and nonconventional deities.

With love and respect to all,
~Lara
Lap RNY 4-1-04
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 472 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 729 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 672 views
8 years out