HELP

Eternity
on 1/7/09 1:17 am - Bridgeport, CT
Is there anybody out there that has gained and feels out of control?
I started my weight loss journey at 325.  Got down to 189  at the end of 2005.
Within the last two years I have gain back 48 lbs.  I tell myself to go back to the basics.
But I find it so hard.  Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?
DianneW
on 1/21/09 4:39 am - Louisville, KY
I recently gained 15 pounds after starting some medication for depression.  I'm trying to get it under control and start loosing.  It is hard.  I have started going to the gym and I'm taking Alli. 

Dianne
Larakatya
on 1/24/09 5:03 am - Twin Cities, MN
Dear Fellow April 04 friend,

The stress of my failing marriage and failing spine helped me to regain 40lbs in 07.  It SUCKED.  All of my clothing stopped fitting, and it fed into the depression and malaise of my cir****tances. . .and it wasn't pretty.  

I stopped hating myself for regain, and blaming myself for it as well - that was an important first step.  And just like you said - back to basics - even if it seems harder than before, it will eventually fall right back off.  I'm back at goal finally, and am so grateful for this tool.  

*big hugs and support*  No judgement here, just understanding from someone who's been there.  You can do this.  You've done amazing things in the past - you're starting from a history of huge success, and it will continue.  

Please keep us posted on your continuing journey.  You'll find love and support here for you if you keep reaching out.

With love, respect, and understanding,
~Lara
reenieb
on 11/10/09 2:23 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi Eternity, you are not alone but I know that doesn't make you feel better! What we need are answers and I don't believe the WLS industry is providing them for us long-term post-ops. By the way, folks, my surgery was in March 2004 so I hope you don't mind I stop by. This is a strong Board that often brings up issues that I can relate but find little support elsewhere. I started at 356 (morning of my surgery), got down to 140 (lowest weight) and am now struggling mightily to stay under 165. I am starving all of the time, a hunger unlike any I've ever known. Eternity, have you thought to have your system scoped to determine the size of your pouch and your stoma opening? I have been told that if the stoma is severely dilated, anything I eat is just passing through, so my body is absorbing all the calories but negligable nutrients. A revision may be in order but I have no faith at all in the endoscopy options. I wish I could give you the answers you need to get back on track - only you can do that for yourself. But never quit. Never, ever quit, ok? Thanks everybody - I would love to hear from you! Maureen
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 472 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 729 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 673 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 747 views