5 Years - Roll Call!

Larakatya
on 4/3/09 3:36 am, edited 4/3/09 3:38 am - Twin Cities, MN

Stop lurking, and post a shoutout to all your April 2004 friends!

As for me - April 1st saw me 2lbs lower than my "favorite" goal weight. Slow steady work and ongoing vigilance have brought this into being. Not one step of this process was easy and it has been totally worth it.  

I keep to my pouch rules, do my best to get protein, and strive to get my vitamins (calcium is still a struggle to get all daily doses in).

Sending love, support, and positive energy to all my April fools! 5 years of work, a lifetime of hopeful possibility,
~Lara

Donna Paige
on 4/6/09 8:11 am - Pottstown, PA

Hey Lara,
All is still good despite the many bumps that have happened and are still happening along the way. I was 350lbs when I started this journey and am now 117lbs. I am having lots of difficulties though along the way. I was in the hospital for reoccurring ulcers and possible fistula on December 4th for 4 days. I was scheduled for an endoscopy but they canceled that because on January 20th I had a grandmal seizure. I've now had four of them and they don't really know why but they believe is is because of the vitamin deficiency that I am having. My vitamin d level is less than 4 and my b12 is 160. The worst part is not being able to drive. They take your license is the state of PA. What can you do. I love being thin and no matter what I'm still a happy camper after almost 5 years. Wow! It doesn't seem that long. Hope you are doing well. I wish I was more deligent about following the protein vitamin thing. I'm learning some hard lessons because I've been a stupid girl. Anyway on that note, I will say good bye.

HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GREAT! I look forward to seeing your posts.

350+ highest/128lbs today- 2 years later
www.picturetrail.com/donnapaige - password ps
www.myspace.com/donnapaige

M M
on 4/14/09 10:10 am
Hiya Donna -

The docs actually linked your vite state to the seizures?

My doc won't even consider the seizures to be linked to the state of my nutrition or the RNY.  He says it's just coincidental.  :/  I have a list of 52 people so far... coincidental?
vixxen36
on 5/12/10 9:53 pm - Anoka, MN
Wow you look amazing, I am glad you posted.. What a nice success story, I have had the problems with the vitamins, just trying to get them in...'hugs Lynne
DianneW
on 4/7/09 2:39 am - Louisville, KY
Hello,
I was 342 when I started, got down to 125, which was too skinny, now I'm back up to 172.  I'd be happy at 155.  I have been trying to do weigh****chers with no success.  My body seems to like this weight.

Dianne
M M
on 4/14/09 10:08 am
Hi Lara, Donna and Dianne! 

Here's my five year post.

The short version:  I'm okay.
lacmike
on 4/22/09 10:58 am - York, PA
Hell-o Lara and everyone else....

it is wonderful to see everyone is still doing well....I can not believe today is five years, it does not seem that long ago...I was looking at "fat" pictures of me at work and I really can not remember being that big and I am so glad to have maintained most of the weight loss.  Five years ago, I weighed 258 lbs when I weighed in for my surgury, today I weigh about 162.  My lowest weight was 138 which I kept for 3 years, I gained the 20-25 in the last two and know that my diet is not totally healthy.  No junk food but I love my apple cinnamon rice cakes and diet ice tea. I stil dump every so often, and now that the house is empty but me I just do not cook.

I go to the gym regular, I got down to a size 4/6 and now wear an 8/10.  I want to be a 6/8....I am going to fight to lose enough weight to get to 150... that is only 10-15 lbs.

It is so funny I almost do  not remember me being fat.

I think the worse thing is that my iron is still very low.  I try really hard. Plus I do not get enough water,  I drink too much caffeine and eat too much french onion soup.  I still can not eat pasta or rice and if the food is too greasy, I feel it.  Sometimes I struggle with my bowels.  I just pray every day that I gain no more weight.

Rachelq
on 5/10/09 4:39 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I'm here! Better late than never? Just had my 5 year surgiversary on 4/20. Up 15lbs from lowest. In a 10/12 depending on the cut. Healthy and happy.

I updated my profile with current pics and more info. Here is what I posted on the cali board

"I had my 5 year surgirversary on April 29. I feel good. Am maintaining around 155lbs over the last year, and still greatful for my surgery. I updated my profile with more info and pics.

Is there a way to have OH change your before and afters? I want to make sure mine is a accurate as possible. 1year after and 5 year after aren't quite the same.

Best wishes to all,
Rachel'

Middlesgirl
on 5/24/09 10:40 am - Lansing, MI
Wow, I can't believe it has been 5 years already! It's great to see familiar faces out here. I started at 346 and am now right around 160. Happy about that? Not really. I was down to 135, but at 5'10", everyone convinced me I was too thin. It's really strange. At home, looking at myself in mirrors, I am HUGE! But out in public at stores, I double take when I see myself.

I lost my Dad in Jan of this year, and have packed on about 15 lbs since then. Permanently quit smoking in March, and here I hover at 160. Still have troubles finding foods that agree with me. I am so frustrated with not feeling normal--even the adjusted post op normal. I am so terrifed to ever be obese again.

When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.

~Edward Teller
vixxen36
on 11/17/09 9:35 pm - Anoka, MN
 I am still 75 lbs lighter now, I don't do diet food, but I stick to protein first then vegges and bread if room rule.. Vitamins are ok except the calcium is the hardest I agree.  It is still the decision I ever made..no regrets here..Lynne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 472 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 729 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 673 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 747 views