Stuck Steak and Pouch Pain

Pete282
on 10/1/09 11:49 am

Hi All,  I am 5 years out and enjoying the benifits of my R/Y Gastric Bybass.  Ive had food stuck on a couple of occassions but although painfull and very uncomfortable it usually passes in 1-5 hours.  3 times in 5 years so I figure I'm doing ok.  This past Sunday however, I ate a half a filet mignion.  I never eat steak, and it will be a long time until I try it again....    I ended up in the hospital for 3 days.  Two days on pain meds waiting for it to pass and then one day waiting for the scope to make sure everything was ok.    It passed on its own and the Dr said the scope looked fine.  I felt pretty good on Wed but today it feels like someone punched me in the stomach.   It is the first time ive vomited multiple times (8-9) (sorry for that) and first time I had a scope done so I am asking if any of you have experienced severely stuck food, vomiting, and a scope, and if so did you feel pain on the days to follow.  It would also be nice to know how long the pain lasted.  (Sorry for the long post and I look forward to your replies)  Thanks Pete
Mary W.
on 4/22/14 12:12 pm - Arab, AL

I have had a chronic problem with blockage and vomiting.  I really think I have a weak area on the small bowel that gets kinked or for some reason just shuts down.  

DianneW
on 10/28/09 5:47 am - Louisville, KY
Sorry for your luck.  I've never had anything stuck.  I have vomited several times.  I get every stomach virus that comes along - my dr. said it's normal.  I had a scope but no pain afterwards.  I would call your dr. if the pain continues.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 472 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 728 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 672 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 746 views