Please tell me I'm not the only one

weenaanderson
on 11/23/10 10:48 am
I'm petrified.  I've not been here for quite some time.  So long, I had to create a new account! 

I've gained back about 40 lbs due to a medication I took for about six months.  Now I'm dumping regardless of what I eat.  I'm so scared.
Tina Anderson
RNY 4/23/2004    
butterflygirl
on 3/26/11 2:40 pm - Fargo, ND
Hi Tina!
We not only have the same last name, but we share the same exact surgery date too! I haven't been on this site since 2006, and am getting back to it now. I've had some health scares recently so I wanted to regroup myself and get back to basics. Let's support eachother. I will "friend" you. Jennifer Anderson aka butterfly girl
jenn a
on 5/3/11 3:34 am - Long Beach, CA
Hi Ladies,

I guess this is an unofficial "Anderson" clan (I am Jennifer Anderson). I haven't been on this site for a few years, but am looking to get back into the swing of things. Hopefullly, we can support one another.
I had my surgery in April 2004, and have gained back over 30 pounds.  I still exercise, but it has gotten much harder. I admit that I no longer follow the dietary rules, but am looking to lose the weight I have gained back.  Any advice, support, or gentle chastising is appreciated.

Jenn
 Jenn
butterflygirl
on 5/3/11 4:52 am - Fargo, ND
Oh my goodness! We have the same name and surgery anniversary! Mine was April 23, 2004. I had the open RNY. I am needing support as well. I feel "forgotten" in the WLS world as techniques have changed, etc. I am 6 feet tall and was 320 and now 160. I had regained about 30 pounds myself about 2 years ago, but some of that was being misdiganosed with a mood disorder where the meds packed on the pounds no matter what I ate. It turned out it was my thyroid which I had removed 1 year ago. I am struggling with reactive hypoglygemia which resulted in a seizure about 1 month ago. I make sure my blood sugar is above 70 and eat every 2 hours making sure I have a protein with everything I eat and cutting out as much sugar as I can. Plus i got lazy about my required vitamins where I would down them all at one sitting which wasn't the right way, so I got back on spreading them out throughout the day. I live in North Dakota which is very cold so I become more sedentary in the winter. Walking is my main source of exercise although yoga has helped me a lot with my anxiety with all of my stress in my life. Hold old are you? I'm 43. I was married 18 years and have 2 kids. Kathryn is 19 and Zander is 14. I divorced my husband 5 years ago, so that's 2 years after my surgery. He blames the surgery for the demise of  the marriage. Perhaps it was, but I feel like my old self again and I saw that there was more to life than him who was controlling and manipulating me and being so fat I had no self esteem and felt no one else would want me. Now, my kids have chosen him over me, so I rarely see them which has caused alot of pain and guilt on me. I look forward to hearing from you and learning more about someone with the same name and so many other similarities. If you'd like to email me directly instead of this site, you can contact me at [email protected]   Thanks! Jennifer
M M
on 4/3/11 12:03 pm
 I gained 55 in 2006, and 15-20 a couple times since then. 

It happens.

Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 474 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 729 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 673 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 747 views