Should I be more nervous?

Dedicated
on 2/12/04 5:50 am - Eleva, WI
I found out last week that I am having surgery on April 23rd. 70 days away! I am somewhat excited, but not nervous at all. Is this normal? So many people seem to be a bundle of nerves. I pretty much have everything ready, just need to pack an overnight bag. I am working on losing pre-op lbs, but thats all I have left to do. Is anyone else this calm?
Larakatya
on 2/12/04 11:43 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hey, As long as I have been on that waiting list, I just don't feel nervous. I have had pleanty of time to work out the issues. I am nothing but excited! I figure I'll feel more nervous when there are less than 30 days before surgery. Just enjoy it! For me, I spend my time enjoying my final days as a full-stomached person (without letting it get too out of hand) I am too blissed out to be nervous! Best of luck! ~Lara
Bernadette A.
on 2/13/04 5:30 am - Savage, MN
Hi Tina, I just found out my surgery date last week too. Mine is 4/19/04. I was so excited when I left the doctors office that I couldn't decide if I felt like crying or laughing, so I screamed instead. I also am not nervous. My cousin had surgery on 1/6/04, and she was never nervous, not even the night before or while she was being wheeled down to surgery. She's doing great - 40 lbs gone. I think I'll start to get nervous closer to surgery, but it's not the type of surgery or the new way of life afterwards. I just get a bit nervous about being under anesthesia. Good luck with your surgery and I hope you find peace on your journey in your new life. Bernadette Austin
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 477 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 731 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 676 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 750 views