Got a date!!

Dodie R.
on 3/13/04 10:04 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi everyone!! I am fairly new to the message board. Am having my surgery April 5th, without the support of family. They are all afraid of this surgery and so they refuse to be there for me. That's ok!!! I can not expect them to feel the same as I do. One of my sons will drive me home from the hospital and spend that night with me at my home, as he lives out of town. So this message board is really the only encouragement I get. Don't get me wrong please.......my family loves me, they just do not want to see me go through another surgery since I have had so many in my lifetime. I have to admit though, it is more than just nice to be able to share my fears, my hopes, my dreams of being healthy with someone. My insurance company does not give written approval or phone approval for this surgery. It does say they will pay for it if you are 100% over ideal weight. I am praying they will pay for it, as I don't happen to have that kind of change just laying around!!!! I am anxious to be on the other side of all of this, yet I am also scared that this won't work for me. I have been on soooooooo many diets all of my adult life. Most worked for a while, then I always gained that weight and more back. Can anyone please suggest some protein drinks that are good tasting?? I have alot of questions, but not even sure where to begin. Hopefully, when I go on the 30th for my consult, they will answer my questions. Please keep me in your prayers.
shygalinny
on 3/13/04 11:08 am - St. Johnsville,, NY
Hi, I have my surgery date set for April 2. I have been fortunate to have family and friends in almost full support of my decision. If you need someone to talk with u can add me to ur messenger....shygalinny @yahoo OR hotmail doesnt matter which I love to chat!!
Jane A.
on 3/13/04 11:11 am - Vacaville, CA
Hi Dodie! I am also scheduled on April 5th and have discovered this web site and the boards in the past month. I have gotten a lot of support from this site. I feel for you having to go through the surgery by yourself. I think I may be by myself as well. I was originally scheduled March 2nd and my sister, brother, and several friends were offering to be with me then. I ended up getting sick and having the surgery rescheduled. Now it's happening on a date when my sister can't get off work, my brother will be out of the country and my friends are all working. I've had a few friends offer to take off work but I don't really want to inconvenience them. At least I know they are behind me in spirit and can visit me later. It sounds like you are not sure if your insurance will cover the surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything will work out for you. Best wishes Jane
Skinny123
on 3/13/04 11:38 am - Athens, AL
Sorry to hear that your family doesn't support you, but you have got fellow members who are here for you. If you need to talk send me a line and I would love to chat with you. I have been lucky that my family really supports me in this. My boyfriend is worried but supports my decision. email me if you want to [email protected]
Dodie R.
on 3/15/04 7:44 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi Jane!! Thank you for your support on this surgery. It means alot to me for others going through this surgery, to tell us what to expect, what not to do, etc. I pray you have a safe surgery and smooth recovery!! God bless you, Dodie
Brandi W.
on 3/14/04 12:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
Congratulations on getting a date! I too am having my surgery on the 5th. I have received so much support and encouragement from this site and know that you will too. I would also suggest that you see if there is a local bandster support group that you can join so that you can actually meet with other people in your area that have been banded. I hope that everything turns out okay for you with your insurance company. I will keep you in my prayers that everything turns out alright. If you ever need to talk (or vent), please don't hesitate to send me a message.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 480 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 734 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 679 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 752 views