April 8th surgery date and I have so many emotions that fear prevails!!!!

Lydia M.
on 3/30/08 1:43 pm - Steilacoom, WA
Yes, I am excited but I am also scared. I have done a lot of soul searching for over a year and started the process when I talked to my regular Dr on 12-17-07 and he had his assistant make some calls. I attended my seminar that same night. Up until about the middle of February I did not tell too many people especially my parents but I did come clean with them and they are VERY supportive and excited for me. In fact my brother is flying out the day before surgery to be with me and will stay for three days AFTER surgery. My parents are more at ease with him here. My brother was the only person who knew what I was contemplating last year and has always been supportive. Did I mention that he and my mom are both RN's and know better then anyone the effects of being overweight. Nothing like a little free home health care!!! I registered on this sight but only started accessing it within the last week and I have probably spent hours reading all kinds of wonderful information. Lydia
Carol422
on 3/31/08 4:01 am - Orland Park, IL
Hi Lydia, you and I have the same surgery date. I read here a lot to find out as much information as I could. I have learned a lot. I have only told my husband, children and two close friends that I am having this surgery. At this point in time I don't feel I owe anyone an explanation. Maybe sometime in the future I will tell them. Lucky you to have medical people in the family. Good luck with your journey.
JodiT
on 3/31/08 5:26 am - Hot Springs, AR
HI! My srugery is scheduled for the day after yours..April 9th! I have a lot of emotions too...and fear is a big one. I don't know what exactly to expect afterward, but I know that we have made the right decision! Where are you having your surgery?
Deb366
on 4/3/08 3:08 pm
I am April 8th too!! I am too busy getting ready to get too nervous.....probably will be more nervous Sunday and Monday....Wishing us all the best in surgery and recovery!! deb366
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1011 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 737 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 945 views