Home from the hospital!!!!!

erin G.
on 5/2/08 1:36 pm - worcester, MA
Well I came home from the hospital and things are going well. I had a really easy time the first two days, was up and walking over a half hour at a time. Then they took me off the dilaudid pump and put me on oral percocet. What a way to find out percocets don't work for me. Needless to say I had a major set back on day three. But they changed my medication and things are great again. The only problems I have are with the gas......it hurts so bad sometimes it brings me to tears. The gas ex doens't help all that much with that either. Walking around is the best thing for it..... just a little tip. If your tummy is rumbling but nothing will come out, you can't pass the gas, sit on the toilet and rock back and forth, this seems to help expel the gas better. As for tolerating the water, then stage two, and stage three bariatric diet I have never had any trouble. Keeping everything down, no pain with drinking. Getting in about 28-32 grams of protein a day right now, and at least 64 ounces of water. As soon as I get the unflavored protein powder I can mix that in the water and my protein intake will go up even more. Not too bad only being four days out. Don't think I lost anything yet. Not going to weigh myself until I have my first follow up appt next friday. Will post as soon as I get the weigh in done. Going to lay down and get some sleep now. Will write again really soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1011 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 737 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 945 views