11 MONTHS TODAY

carolinern
on 3/16/09 2:27 pm, edited 3/16/09 2:28 pm - Toledo, OH

Today is my 11 months anniversay.... I have come a long way from where I was a year ago!!  I have lost just over 150# as of this morning!!!  My official weigh in this morning was 193.2#  

I don't ever remember being below 200.  I know when I met my hubby back in 1998 I was around 220#, and that was after dieting for months from a high of 280# back in 1997.  I am so glad that I finally had the courage to get this surgery done.  I had thought about it for a long time, but was pretty much a big chicken. 

I am often asked by others if I have any regrets about this surgery... my only answer is:  YES... THAT I DIDN'T HAVE IT 10 YEARS AGO!!!  I feel like I missed some of my life, being as big as I was.  I was active, and traveled, but with limitations.  I can't even begin to count the number of times I felt embarrased about being to large to do something.  Like sitting comfortably in a booth, airplane seat, or amusement park ride.  I have so much more life to live now!!! 

I have come to realize that I will not get to my goal of 170# by my year anniversary.  I know I should be greatful for the loss I have had so far, and I am.  I just can't help but wonder, if I had exercised a little more, eaten a few bites less, taken in more protein or water, would I have been able to get to my goal.  I guess you can't look back to often.  I will keep going forward.. knowing I can get to my goal of 170, even if it is a little longer than a year out!!  After all, I know there is no way in hell I would have lost 150 pounds by myself!!!

1 more month to go til my year!!!!

Caroline

MY JOURNEY BEGINS...

azreggie
on 3/18/09 4:02 am - Tucson, AZ
Isn't it great?!  congrats.

Reggie

nascar24n48
on 3/20/09 1:16 am
I am 11 months out. Seems like just yesterday. Started at 242 and scale is reading 131!  Still have never vomited! Had food stuck twice. My version of dumping is loose stools when I eat too much fat. Never constipated!  My not so secret, secret, is to keep your protein between 80-100 grams. Thats when the weight literally fell off.  Everyone tells me how much energy I have and how great I look.  It really has been a wonderful year! My latest Wow Moment:   Had to buy sandles as my sandles from last year are way tooooo big. Went from a size 9 1/2 wide to a size 8 not wide!!!  I bought some nice, dressy enough for work, size 2 capris about two months ago on clearance for $5 when I was in size 4-6. They were skin tight then and I was thinking optimistically that I might get into them by the end of summer. For $5 bucks I wouldnt beat the deal.   Weather has been so nice that I put them on Tuesday and had to wear a belt!!!!  They are even loose in the hips. What the heck?  Might have to get them altered in the waist so I can actually wear them.   I have never been a size 2!  Most of my stuff are size 4's and a few 2's depending on the cut. Need find stuff big enough in thighs but small enough in the waist. Who woud have thought! Not me! 
Was talking to another staff member, Sally, today who has been really successful with her WLS.  I didnt realize she was the same height as me and now weighs 130.   She looks sooo much smaller than that. We talked body image for a while and it really made me think that if she was the same height and weight as me that I AM THAT SMALL too!!   I still see the big me.  She said she has purposely gained up to 130. She said right before she got sick and had her gallbladder out she got down to 119.  I remember she looked terrible and was too thin.  It really set in that I am where I want to be. Dr. Suh said at my last appointment he thought I would get down to 120.  I think anything lower than 130 is too low.   Have been at 132-134 and again thought I was maintaining. Then the scale dropped on Tuesday to 131 with zero effort.   Again, I attribute that to the higher protein.   I have cut back to two protein drinks instead of three along with three meals and two snacks.  Honestly, I have been snacking on "bad snacks" (Is Girl Scout cookie season over yet?) and havent been making the best food choices but I still get my 80-100 grams of protein first!  I do push the protein drinks (always a minimum of 80 grams a day) and food wise I will admit I occasionally eat a few bites of  rice, pasta and tortillas with no problem. Granted its a few bites.  Never thought I would have a concern about maintaining and keeping weight on but now that has been on my mind the last few day.  Thankfully, those who are several years out tell me it will balance out soon and to keep doing what I am doing.
Cant wait to hear from other April 2008 folks.

Preop 242  Height 5'4"  Current: 145 Want to get back to 135. ZERO Complications! ZERO Vomiting  (Chew, chew, chew)! ZERO Regrets!

british88
on 3/20/09 5:17 am - Ravenna, OH
I am actually past my 11 month aniversary...closer to my 1 year...WOW !!! 1 year...it has gone by so fast...I can still remember sitting here waiting the day before my surgery thinking are they gonna call and cancel...They didnt...and here I am..Down from 220lbs to 134lbs ...and down from size w22 to size 10 and a medium.
I am doing great...I have my days and moments...but all in all...it hasnt been that bad....I have been looking...just looking at pics of plastic surgery for my stomach...but it looks way too painfull...maybe 6 months from now.....maybe not !!!!!
So next month April 9th is my 1 year anniversary.....

And happy Anniversary to everyone that is reaching theirs
Elisa in Ohio

ATL Diva 2009
on 3/20/09 6:38 am - Lawrenceville, GA

I was 11 months on the 14th. I go in for my 1 year post op appt. on Wednesday 3 weeks early due to not havign any energy. I'm sitting around 160-165 which I had originally said I wanted to sit around 165-170 now I'm thinking this five lb window isn't very bad.  I'm in a size 8 some 6's and a solid 10 regardless of the cut of clothes. Up until a couple of weeks ago I had so much more enrgy.

I have my birthday party tomorrow and this is the first bday that I've celebrated as an adult honestly content with my life.

HW 299/PS 286/CT 155 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
)

bridgetann1961
on 3/29/09 9:39 pm - Parkersburg, WV
I am right where you are and I'm thrilled...I just worry every day that I might gain a pound.  I check my weight every day to see if there is any movement at all ....so I can catch it before it goes too far...my biggest issue is that I get sick with colds etc... alot and have a very hard time getting over them.  I've been taking vitamin C and that seems to help some....I'm having my 48th birthday in April and I'm very much looking forward to being able to have a little bite of cake as last year I was just out of surgery and didn't want to chance even a bite... I'm a little less uptight about it within reason now.   Well congratulations to everyone in our same boat and make this 12 month the best in your life.   Bridget
ATL Diva 2009
on 3/30/09 12:02 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I do the same thing. Howeer, my surgeon last week told me that i need to  now working on maintaining. I'm at 160 and on my 5'10 frame thats VERY small. Can't believe I'm saying that one lol.

I'm LOVING my life right now!

HW 299/PS 286/CT 155 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
)

Margo_drops_her_car
go

on 3/22/09 7:22 am
It's my eleven month surgiversary this month as well.  I'm down 146 pounds...and I went from 324 to 178.  I am officially just "obese" now, as my BMI has dropped to 29.6.  My original goal was 175 pounds.  It seems like a lifetime ago that I set out to get down to the 170s and thought it was just a dream.  Pound, by pound, I'm getting there. I will hit that goal, and then reassess.  I look strong and I am healthy.  I am wearing size 9 pants and large tops.  I have lost a total of 140 inches.  I thank God every day for my RNY!
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1008 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 733 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 941 views