thinking about easter....

Tamilynn
on 3/16/09 8:19 am

for those of you having surgery before easter or who will be on liquid diets for easter.... have you given any thought about what you will do / eat so as not get left out of the festivites.

i will be on full liquids... not sure if i will be too hungry at less than a week out.. but i am nervous just the same. my doc required one month full liquids so i guess i will probably have some kind of pureed soup...

christyt3
on 3/16/09 8:27 am - Kirksville, MO
Easter won't be a tough one for me - it's not as much of an "eating" holiday around my house like Thanksgiving or Christmas.  I will miss the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, though...they are my favorite, but I haven't had one yet this year!

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

Tamilynn
on 3/17/09 1:44 pm
on the rny board someone posted a recipe for a reeses peanutbutter protein shake. i acctually just ordered the powdered peanut butter for it off line. thats a great idea! that will be my easter dinner!
christyt3
on 3/19/09 7:38 am - Kirksville, MO
My local grocery store carries PB2 in the "health food" section.  I've been using it for a while now - my kids even like it!

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

metamorphosis007
on 3/17/09 6:58 am
I will personally be out of town recovering from surgery when Easter hits. I plan on celebrating with the narcotics my surgeon will prescribe

In all honesty, this will be my first easter without my son. That's really the only part I'll miss.
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
Tamilynn
on 3/17/09 1:50 pm
thats gotta be tough! he is only 4 so is he in school? if not postpone Easter.... im sure God will understand... your son wont know that the Easter bunny came and dropped of his basket and hid the eggs on the wrong day... or have the Easter bunny make a second trip! at that little the best part is watchin him do the egg hunt!
metamorphosis007
on 3/18/09 7:37 am
He'll be with his daddy and some close family friends for easter. I'm sure he'll be fine, but I'll sure miss him!
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views