I have my date

amanda A.
on 3/16/09 11:16 pm - Ronkonkoma, NY
after 2 yrs...being denied...changing jobs...getting new insurance...new job changing insurance companies...last week i was approved...it didnt seem real until I saw my surgeon Dr. Brackman yesterday and received my surgery date..April 8, 2009....at St Catherines in Smithtown NY...it still feels unreal im super excited and scared at the same time......keeping my fingers crossed...

dawnhouse
on 3/17/09 7:06 am - Panama City, FL
Congratulations Amanda!!  And welcome to the April surgery date club!

Tamilynn
on 3/17/09 1:31 pm
Thats awesome! We have the same surgery date! and guess what we are both long island girls! I live in shirley and i am having my surgery done on the 8th also but at peconic bay in riverhead (thats a stonybrook hospital now)  Great to meet you! we will have to KIT as we live so close and are having the same surgery on the same day! did they tell you if you have to do a liquid diet for any length of time before surgery? no food for me after april 1st. so i have a date with applebees on the 31st!
hope to talk to you soon
Tami
amanda A.
on 3/18/09 2:09 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
no liquid diet...dr just said no restaurant tours of LI before surgery...LOL....im very excited about finally getting the surgery...just scared of all of the if's of having major surgery that could happen....add me as your friend and we can definately keep in touch....congrats to you ass well....

christyt3
on 3/18/09 1:03 am - Kirksville, MO
Congrats!  I'm having Lapband the same day - it will be interesting to compare our progress!  Way to hang in there - persistence pays off!

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views