april 8th RNY date! anyone else?

sarabeth
on 3/24/09 4:37 pm - North Hollywood, CA
 so excited, does anyone else out there have april 8th for RNY surgery??? Would love to hear from you 

JustNancy
on 3/24/09 9:57 pm
I am scheduled for April 8th as well.  I am starting my protein liquid diet today. 

Nancy
sarabeth
on 3/25/09 12:38 pm - North Hollywood, CA
 congrats!!!! 

how are you doing? Are you starving? I am not on a liquid diet yet, just two days before surgery for me.

what are you doing to prepare?

Sara
sarabeth
on 3/25/09 12:38 pm - North Hollywood, CA
 hi Nancy
wow, congratulations on this begining!!! yay.

i am having my surgery on the 8th and just wanted to know what you were doing to prepare? I am not on a liquid diet yet, just need to be on it 2 days before...ahhh.

what are you eating? are you exhausted?
sara
JustNancy
on 3/25/09 9:51 pm
On March 25, 2009 at 7:38 PM Pacific Time, sarabeth wrote:
 hi Nancy
wow, congratulations on this begining!!! yay.

i am having my surgery on the 8th and just wanted to know what you were doing to prepare? I am not on a liquid diet yet, just need to be on it 2 days before...ahhh.

what are you eating? are you exhausted?
sara

To prepare I am mainly just trying some of the different protein powders and drinks to see what I like and what I don't like.  I know my tastes will change but I am hoping that the ones I find Iike now I will continue to like.  I have yet to attend a support group meeting and I feel this is the biggest thing I need to do prior to this surgery.  I am getting the house ready for my weeks of no lifting and I am cleaning my closet of things that are currently a bit to big.  I will never wear those clothes again so out they go.

The first day of the liquid diet was a bit rough.  I did not feel hungry at all.  The hardest part is the feeling of needing to put something in my mouth and chew.  I have SF gum in desk at work and chewed on that for the satifsfaction.  I am counting yesterday as the day that my eating habits really changed and I am starting my new life.

Nancy

christyt3
on 3/25/09 12:07 am - Kirksville, MO

Sarabeth -

There are several others that are scheduled for RNY on the 8th:  Tamilynn, Soontobeme, Prinzess, and lalala2. 

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

sarabeth
on 3/25/09 12:29 am - North Hollywood, CA
 thanks so much for the info. Do you know how I can 'find' them on here and send them a message?

sorry to be a pain.....
christyt3
on 3/25/09 1:28 am - Kirksville, MO
In the dark blue bar above, (Forum Home-Surgery Dates - etc)  click on the Member List link and you can see anyone that has posted on this board in the last ?30 days I think.  You should be able to find them there!

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

Tamilynn
on 3/29/09 7:21 am
ME ME ME! Im april 8th too! I usually post on here at leasst once a day but work has run me ragged this past week! I start my liquid diet on the 1st! i just had my final appointment with my doc and seems everything is a go! i have the preop at the hospital on the 1st and then medical clearance with my regular doc on the 3rd.
alsmiles
on 3/29/09 12:15 pm - sarnia , Canada
woooohooo me toooo, im really happy toooo im ready prepared as much, getting mind ready now, i love it im pumped glad to see you are tooooo...

Mines in ypsalanti at barix clinic went for pre-op last week.....starting to pick up last details......

advice i have gathered....baby spoons, baby cool sippy cup, mini blender with once measurments...

Good luck and glad to talk...wooohooo here we come..ehhhh oh ya im having RNY....? you
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views