Caffeine Withdrawal

christyt3
on 3/25/09 12:04 am - Kirksville, MO
Today is Day #1 of my 2-week liquid diet.  Chocolate SlimFast for breakfast  - not too bad if you drink it out of a glass to get rid of the metallic taste from the can!  I ran out of regular coffee over the weekend so I started using Decaf for the last 3 days.  I have had SUCH a headache since Monday!  It seems to be better today - I hope I've gotten over the withdrawal or at least the worst of it!

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

dawnhouse
on 3/25/09 2:35 am - Panama City, FL
I know what you mean!  I'm not a coffee drinker.  But I was addicted to sodas and Low-Carb Monsters.  I quit drinking sodas about 2 months ago.  Dropped some weigt with that change, which is great.  But the Monsters were harder.  I haven't had one in 3 weeks now.  The headaches were horrible for a full week.  I'm good now.  Good luck to you.

JustNancy
on 3/25/09 9:58 pm
I started drinking 1/2 and 1/2 a month ago to get used to getting off the caffeine.  I am now slowly working on cutting the regular coffee down and adding decaffeinated more.  This is working well for me.  Maybe if the headaches are still there you could add a little regular coffee to the mix.

BTW, I am also on my liquid protein diet.  Started it yesterday.  I get 5 low carb protein drinks a day plus I can have sugar free clear liquids.  How bout you?

Nancy
christyt3
on 3/26/09 2:02 am - Kirksville, MO
I get 3 SlimFast shakes per day and unlimited sugar free jello, popsicles, broth, and any calorie-free liquids.  It's a total of about 600 calories per day, 70 grams carb, and 30 grams protein.  Thank goodness for the jello!

Ramgon
on 3/27/09 2:25 am - Palmdale, CA
Hi Christie,

I have to make my decision between lap and RNY and was wondering why you chose the lap.

Thanks for your help.

Ramona
christyt3
on 3/27/09 4:05 am - Kirksville, MO
I am just not "okay" with cutting apart my innards and rearranging them.  I like that the Band is adjustable to work for me, and that it can be taken out if for some reason it needed to be.  I'm still getting used to the idea of having a foreign object in my body forever, but it's not any different than having a knee replacement, artificial heart valve, or an IUD for that matter.  I also am a little afraid of the malabsorption aspect of the RNY. 

That's why I am opting for LapBand, but it may not be the right choice for everyone.  Thanks for asking!

Sephia
on 3/27/09 8:18 am - Flint, MI
I chose the VSG for similar reasons. I didn't want malabsorbtion issues because of my anemia and I wasn't okay with my intestines to rerouted. Nor did dumping sound appealing. But I also wanted a lifetime change. This is something I didn't want to reverse. The complications of the band eroding the stomach long term or slipping and other complications didn't appeal to me, nor did the fillings.

I chose the VSG so I'd have a smaller stomach without many of the other complications the other surgeries had. Even "IF" the VSG didn't work for me, the worst I'd end up with is a smaller stomach. I wouldn't need to have something removed nor would I have to have surgery to have my stomach and intestines "fixed". 

Still I think we shaould all do what is right for ourselves. What works for one doesn't work for someone else. I was settled in thinking I would only be allowed the RNY until they told me I could have the VSG. Do your research and figure out the best option for you. It'll be a lifetime change. 

My 2¢ woth. Take it or leave it.

Visit us at Motherhood after WLS !
Mom to 8 ~ Adelyn Grace arrived July 8, 2010!

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views