April 1, 2009 Lap RNY So.. Excited and Scared

heaven41
on 3/26/09 12:40 pm - Oxnard, CA
Anyone have any tips to relax your nerves pre-op that will be great.  I have a great support system with my family and Church family. I got on scale today after 7 days Protein shakes and sugar free liquids and dropped 14 lbs. 
Terra75
on 3/27/09 1:20 am - FL

I just started my liquid diet today and will have a surgery a week from today.  I'm keeping a nerous stomache.  I don't have any sage advice for you...all I can say is I'm trying to keep my mind as occupied as I can on other things. 

Hope all goes well for you!!!!!

heaven41
on 3/27/09 2:14 am - Oxnard, CA
Hi Tara.  My name is Donella and I live in CA.  I am 42 and a mom and a wife.  I promise your liquid diet will get better as each passes by.  I am on day 8 on liquids and don't miss food at all.  Drink lots of water it's really filling.  I go to the hospital today to pre register for my surgery on the 1st.  Lets stay in touch, ok?  God Bless
deez840
on 3/27/09 1:55 am
First of all gratz on your loss so far- that's great!
I am having surgery the day after you so good luck and may you have a quick and uneventful recovery! :) I am so full of nerves right now too. The thing that is helping me is just by getting as prepared as I personally can is really helping. That an the OH family is always so friendly and helpful- which is also always a great thing!

Good Luck- see you on the Loser's Bench!!!

heaven41
on 3/27/09 2:18 am - Oxnard, CA
Thanks for you post.  This site is amazing.  I wanted to wish you the best of luck on your upcoming surgery too.  I go to the hospital today to do my pre-registration and some lab work for the 1st.  I am a mom and a wife and they are so supportive of me getting this tool (gastric bypass) to get healthy again and enjoy life.  I have a slew of medical problems and the weight does not help matters.  Hope to hear from you soon.  God Bless, Donella
dawnhouse
on 3/31/09 7:51 am - Panama City, FL
heaven, good luck on your surgery tomorrow.  deez, good luck with yours on Thursday.  You both are in my prayers!

Megan S.
on 3/31/09 9:15 am - Brighton, MA
Good Luck!

~Meg
starting/surgery/current/goal -- 280/252/191.5/155

Chalia
on 4/4/09 1:27 am - CA
How about cleaning the house?  When I'm nervous, I have a habit of cleaning -
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views