Liquid Diet Day 5

christyt3
on 3/29/09 4:27 am - Kirksville, MO
Just wondering how everyone else is doing with their liquid diets.  Today is day 5 for me and I am not feeling so great.  I'm nauseated and tired, and have a horrible taste in my mouth.  My breath is really bad - I have to constantly chew gum to cover it up.  On the up side I've lost 7.6# already and I'm going to bed earlier because I get too hungry when I stay up late!  How's everyone else doing?

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

TCP556
on 3/29/09 4:36 am - New Hyde Park, NY
Christy,

watch the sugarless gum  side effect of Sorbitol is  diarreah.

I too am going to bed earlier   but when i get a craving to eat i am brushing my teeth  more Im up to about  6 times a day now . I also  make sure i am eating  what I can eat  around others who ar  eating the usual  crap we used to. I know its  hard  but facing it now  will be easier than after surgery.  Just some ideas that seems to be working for me.

Tom
jenmartinthunderbay
on 3/29/09 12:19 pm - Canada
I totally feel your pain! I'm day 8 into the diet and am ready to chew my own arm off...lol! I'm constently tired and have had a headache every other day. Today has actually been the best day yet. I kept myself busy - when I had the energy - and made a point of getting on OH and looking at the before and after pictures to remind myself that this is all worth it in the end. Hang in there and I will too!

Jen
sarabeth
on 3/30/09 4:51 am - North Hollywood, CA
 Keep it up girl, only a few more days till surgery!!!!!

You can totally do this

Current: 255/Nutritionist Goal: 145/My goal: 130-135

Moj_ Patti
on 3/30/09 1:13 pm - Where the Jackalopes Roam, CA
I'm to the point where I'm not hungry. And I'm so sick of sweet stuff.

Why can't they make pork chop flavored broth?

The past two days I haven't gotten to my 1000 calories. But I did make my protein.
One food makes you larger, and one food makes you small... 
christyt3
on 3/30/09 11:31 pm - Kirksville, MO
I can relate - I'm tired of the sweets, too.  I'm supposed to be on all liquids, but I must admit that last night I cheated and ate 3 ounces of baked fish instead of drinking my Slim Fast.  It was heavenly!  I still am averaging between 650 and 700 calories per day, but I doubled my protein intake yesterday with the fish!

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

jenmartinthunderbay
on 3/31/09 11:22 am - Canada
I'm actually doing okay with the sweets. I'm still getting the hungry feeling in my stomach everyday. I'm not sure what the calorie count is but I'm doing 5 Carnation Instant Breakfast a day, jello, broth (which tastes gross!) and protein supplements. I actually cheated tonight and ate a piece of low fat cheese. I still have 6 days to go. I just hope I can get that cheeseburger out of my head!!!!
mlsande21
on 4/1/09 5:01 am - Vancouver, WA

My doctor puts his patients on a milk diet before surgery.  So, I get 24 to 32 ounces of skim milk, 3 times per day, for 2 weeks.  No solid food at all.  I am lactose intolerant from my DS in 2002 so I am drinking light soy milk and lactose free milk. 

I am having a revision from the DS to a gastrectomy and a bunch of other repairs on April 14.....it's a very long story!

I'm on day 2 of the milk diet and it's going OK, but I sure do miss food!

Mike

KCowden
on 4/1/09 11:30 am
Day 9 for me.  Jus****ched the family polish off two pizzas - sure smelled great.  I had some soup broth that I drained the chunks off (pasta/meat).  I can have 4-5 slimfasts a day, soup - creamed or broth - no solids, sf hot chocolate, sf apple cider, sf popsicles, yogurt - no chunks/seeds, crystal light, sf pudding.  The goal is to stay around 1100 to 1200 calories.  Seems like I am drinking something constantly so I also seem to stay fairly satisfied.  
Tuesdayschild
on 4/2/09 1:56 am - Manchester, PA
I'm doing well so far (day 6).  I have 4 protein drinks a day and (64 oz) of fluids including water, broth, s/f popsicles and s/f jello....no dairy products.  But I can also have  up to 2 cups of limited veggies a day, which I toss into my soup (spinach, onion, mushroom, brocolli and cauliflower), along with some seasonings (mostly herbs).  I'm having trouble getting all four shakes in, but I do enjoy my soup in the evening.

The hard part is keeping on a schedule because when I get hungry, it feels like I have only minutes to get food in or I get sick.  So 7, 11, 3 and 7 are important times of the day for me! and other stuff (liquids) inbetween to fill the time.

Good luck everyone!
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views