high protein liquids

diannewtsn
on 3/29/09 3:11 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I am to go on a high protein liquid diet for a week before my surgery (4/16).  I cannot find liquids without nutrasweet that do not taste awful.  Any suggestions?
christyt3
on 3/29/09 7:24 am - Kirksville, MO
Does it have to be low-carb?  I am allowed to use Slim Fast Optima 3 cans per day and so far all the flavors are pretty good. 

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

diannewtsn
on 3/30/09 7:03 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Yes it has to be low carb.  I asked about the slimfast, but was told it was not what they wanted.
Moj_ Patti
on 3/30/09 1:23 pm - Where the Jackalopes Roam, CA
I bought some stuff called Proto Whey from the Vitamin Shoppe. It's not too bad. Tonight I put in a shot of SF almond roca syrup and it was pretty good. I've tried both the vanilla and chocolate.

20 g of protein (6 g of carb) plus the 10 g protein from my Over the Moon skim milk.

No nutrasweet.
One food makes you larger, and one food makes you small... 
Trudi_P
on 3/31/09 11:11 pm
I get the one from Wally World it is not to bad I like the vanilla beacuse you can add sf pudding to it. With 2 servings you get about 50 gr of protein. It is in a big container and is about 15 bucks.
glassgirlie2005
on 4/1/09 1:56 am - Toms River, NJ
Trudy, which one do you get?  Can you tell me the name?  Does it have Nutra sweet in it?  I am the pickiest person ever.... LOL
The first day of our my new life awaits.... Surgery date 4/13/09

Cheri
2JUICY
on 4/3/09 5:42 am - GA
I like the Nectar brand. I ordered it on-line at www.syntrax.com. It is very good, I mix it with water, it has 24g. protein, 0-sugar and only 90 calories. This stuff is good and it has many flavors. You can also purchase a variety pack with 11 flavors for $9.99.  This morning I mixed the strawberry with 6-8 ounces of water and 4 frozen strawberries in my blender for breakfast. Yummy...
dyann_13
on 4/2/09 2:34 am
Try Boost Glucose Control not the regular boost. Theb Glucose Control has16grams protein was approved by nutritionist
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views