Protein Drink Recommendations

sarabeth
on 3/30/09 4:59 am - North Hollywood, CA
 I am ten days out from RNY and need some good protein drink ideas!

I have tried Pure Protein from Trader Joes and it tastes like Chalk! any other brands out there that are already made for you? (In a can???)

I am going to need 85 grams of protein a day and don't know how I am going to do it!

HELP PLEASE!

Current: 255/Nutritionist Goal: 145/My goal: 130-135

diannewtsn
on 3/30/09 7:05 am - Pittsburgh, PA
My understanding is that females need to take in 50 grams of protein a day and males need 60 grams of protein.  The atkins drinks taste less disgusting than most.
twinkletoes7
on 4/1/09 6:21 am - Timmins , Canada
I love the optifast, I was not to crazy about atkins I did find it a little chalky!

dyann_13
on 4/2/09 2:31 am
I drank Boost Glucose Control, it has 16grams of protein per bottle. They have strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate.  It is also was good when i put it in the freezer for a little while. There are two kinds of Boost, i chose the Glucose control because it had less calories and more protein. It was approved by the nutritionist.
JustNancy
on 4/5/09 11:39 pm
They have me on high protein and low carb liquid diet so I am drinking the Low Carb Slim Fast.  I don't think it is all that bad.  I think it is more creamy than chalky.  I like it better than I did the other slim fast drinks that I had tried.

Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views