Our month is here and the countdown begins!!!!

sabrena_n
on 4/2/09 7:37 am - Indianapolis, IN
My surgery is April 16th at 11am.  Have to be at the hospital at 830am and have to start my 2 days liquid diet on the 14th.  I am very excited!  I just had my preop education class Tuesday and learned all about my new lifestyle, so need to go get the few things that the surgeon's office suggested to have for immediately postop as well as fill my prescriptions that they gave me ahead of time.  What is everyone else doing to get ready?

metamorphosis007
on 4/2/09 7:53 am
I've been cleaning my house like I have OCD the past two weeks.

I also pre-made dinners for my husband and 4 year old and stuck them in the freezer so they're not eating Taco Bell the whole two weeks I'm gone.

I've bought the few things that I need to take with me for surgery, as I am traveling out-of town for mine.

Other than that, I figure the hospital will have me covered while I'm there. 

Here I am, in my less-than-one-week-FREAK.
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
lisa120
on 4/2/09 8:30 am - sutter, CA
Hi!
My surgery is monday April 13 at 9:45am. I am also very excited and starting to get a little nervous. I have to start a liquid only diet for 10 days starting tomorrow. Today I am going shopping for all my protein drinks and sugar free jello.  All I have left to do is go to my pre-surgical appt. next week. Best of luck to everyone!!!!!
dawnhouse
on 4/3/09 5:49 am - Panama City, FL
Best of luck to all of you!  I'm on the 17th, so you'll all be ahead of me!  Everyone is in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

Pamela K.
on 4/4/09 4:02 am - Reedley, CA
I'm on the 17th also. My prayers will be with all of you also as we start our new lifestyle.

I've been scanning the web for homemade broth recipes. A close friend of mine that went thru his surgery last december said that the store bought broth isn't all that good when it's all you can eat and boullion is so high in salt so I decided to make my own. I have a crab broth, turkey and pork all saved up in the freezer. Good thing about making it myself is that I can know all of what I put in it and put lots of veggies and fresh herbs. Made the house smell wonderful while I was making them too. 

Pamela K.
on 4/28/09 5:12 am - Reedley, CA

Hi Dawn,

I'm with you, had my surgery the 17th also. I'm doing good so far. How about you? 

Your in my prayers as well as everyone else.

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views