My surgery date!!

Emelinda D.
on 4/2/09 3:34 pm - Winter Haven, FL
Hi everyone. Well after 3 long years of tests and starting over again, I finally have a surgery date!! I have gastric bypass surgery on April 16th. Today I went and did the pre-op tests like the lab work and the anesthesia consult. Now all thats left is to have the surgery. I am sooo excited!!

Emelinda

dawnhouse
on 4/3/09 3:02 am - Panama City, FL
Congratulations, Emelinda!  I'm Friday, the 17th.  I'll be going for pre-op tests on Tuesday.  What all did you have to do for pre-op?

Emelinda D.
on 4/3/09 5:16 am - Winter Haven, FL
Hey. Well lets, see. For pre-op I had to get lab work done. They drew blood from my arm and then they got some blood from my wrist. They had to do them seperately because they have to have the blood from your wrist so they can check your oxygen level. From what was told to me, they had to go in the artery. It wasn't that bad. Just felt a little pinch is all. Than they did a test where they put a q-tip just inside your nose to check for mirsa. It is a staph or bacterial infection. Nothing to it. I thuoght it was gonna be bad but I was wrong.lol.
Last I had to get a anesthesia consult. I only had to get that becuase it is neccessary if you weigh over 350 pounds. All the guy did was tlak to me about the possibility of having a trac put in. I told him to do whatever he had to do as long as I had the surgery.
I hope this helps. It may seem like it is gonna be bad but take it from someone who knows. Its not bad at all!
Good luck!!!

Emelinda

dawnhouse
on 4/3/09 5:46 am - Panama City, FL
Very helpful.  Thank you.  I hate needles, so I'll have to calm myself down before I go!!  I thought they took enough blood to run every test in the world when I went for labs, EKG, and chest x-rays.  I didn't think they would need more.  But hey, if they've gotta have it, then I'll let them take it!  Thanks again for the info!

SUSIEQQ62
on 4/3/09 7:02 am - EXETER, PA
 CONGRATS EM ON YOUR UPSOMING SURGERY!! I AM PRAYING THAT ALL GOES GREAT FOR YOU..

GOD BLESS
SUSIE SMITH FROM PA
RNY-2/6/07
206 LBS LOST SO FAR

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

Emelinda D.
on 4/4/09 10:03 am - Winter Haven, FL
Thanks everyone for your support!

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling