Be prepared

Terra75
on 4/7/09 3:03 am - FL
I had my surgery (Lap Band) on April 3rd.....I was told the gas would be painful but no on said it would be horrific.  It's 5 days out and the incision part of my surgery is healing nicely, however, the gas aspect is still giving me a fit.  The good thing is once you start walking around it gets better but before then it's terrible.

christyt3
on 4/7/09 4:44 am - Kirksville, MO
I have my LapBand tomorrow (yikes!) and I have heard that about the gas.  I am going back to work on Day 6, so I hope it's at least tolerable by then!  I have a private office...I may have to keep my door shut for a while!

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

fireater19264
on 4/7/09 9:58 pm - ME
I agree I also had my surgery on the 3rd of April, and they dont fully inform you of the Gas pains.  They are very painful and walking does help them.  This is day 5 pos op and still having alot of gas......awhhhhhh....
Irishcoda
on 4/8/09 10:01 pm
Thanks for the warnings!  Yikes!

brooklynneedsme
on 4/9/09 1:19 am - Clayton, NC
How long did the gas last?  Did you try using the gasx strips?  Can we use those?
Stefanie

Starting Weight: 285
Surgery: 276
Current: 235
Goal Weight: 150
Deputydawg14
on 4/11/09 10:50 am

I don't know anything about the lap band. If it is adjustable does that mean you can see it externally? If you go to a pool can you see it and can you swim with it? How long do you miss work? Is BEANO of any use?

jeanniegirl28
on 4/17/09 4:53 am
I had the RYN on the 14th and the gas is killing me!!! Its horrible. I have tried gas- strips, milk of magnesia , walking and its no getting any better yet. Certianly makes it harder to drink and eat like I should when I am so bloated. But i have been told it gets better. I just took a walk around the neighborhood so hopefully i will walk it out....
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views