2 weeks out! report in!

Tamilynn
on 4/23/09 6:42 am
ok so i am feeling a hell of a lot better. I dont fell as thirsty as i was in the begining so i have to make sure i focus on water everyday. Thank goodness for soft foods! My first poached egg was delicious! mmmmm... a slice of cheese, to die for. It has made me get closer to my protein goals than i have been. My tastebuds definatly shut down to the taste of protein powder after surgery. it is quite weird to make myself 2 tablespoons of mashed yams. I only know how to cook BIG. But then i took out the ice cube trays so i wouldnt waste. It is kinda weird. I have felt hungry... like i could eat a horse... but couldnt even finish my meal AND I WAS SATISFIED. i havent had any trouble with foods yet so i guess that is lucky.  i am still really sore by my big insicion where the camera went in. the doc said that would be for a while, but im a wimp. I keep getting charlie horses and your stomach is a weird place for them. I guess this is just the healing process but sometimes it will feel like fire or a hot poker. Its not a continuing pain. just if i move the wrong way etc. Im still not than comfotable lying flat yet so i am still sleeping in the living room. i tend to get tired easy but who wouldnt consuming so few calories.

what have you guys been up to this week?

ps. i havent updated my ticker but overall i have lost a total of 22 lbs! -thogh my closthes still feel like they fit the same

tami
JustNancy
on 4/23/09 9:54 am
Hi Tami,
I had surgery the same day as you did.  I am still feeling very tired also.  My Dr still has me on pureed food and will have me on this for a month then I get to graduate to soft foods.  I have not been hungry at all.  I am forcing myself to get my protein in (like you I am not liking the shakes after the surgery) and my liquids.  My biggest problem is that they had to put a feeding tube in because of gastroparesis and this area is extremely reddened and sore.  This will be coming out on May 1st and I am sure I will be feeling 95% better after that.  I too have had cramping pains up around my left ribcage.  I have just in the last few days been able to lay flat but not able to stay that way past 30 minutes without some discomfort.  I am still sleeping with a pillow on my abdomen to help with some of the discomfort.

I guess that big news is that I have lost 24 pounds and like you my clothes still feel like they fit the same.  I am guessing it is still related to the edema in the stomach area.

Nancy
KCowden
on 4/24/09 6:10 am
Great to hear where everyone else is at two weeks.  My surgery was the 7th.  I have no discomfort any longer and am back to work 1/2 days.  All my incisions have healed and got to move onto pureed foods on Wednesday.  I was down 18 lbs last Tuesday (two-week appt) for a total of 48 since I started dieting Jan 1.  Sure has made a difference.

I am finding variety a problem with pureed - especially food with enough protein.  I have had so far - greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, salmon, turkey chili, all blended to a lovely applesauce consistency.  I had to start adding some carbs because I was getting too low and had no energy with just the protein.  So I added stuff like sf jam to my yogurt and blended sf peaches to the cottage cheese.  I am able to each about 3 ounces per meal.  I am still having to supplement with some Myoplex EAS protein twice a day.

Hang in there - soft foods are around the corner :)
cathygardner
on 4/25/09 2:17 am - Akron, OH
I will be 2 weeks out on Monday. I am so tired. I got up this am and actually felt good. I thought I would go to a park and go for a nice nature walk. I took a bath, shaved my legs, and had to crawl back in bed. That simple act wore me out. I am tired of being tired. I just want to get up and move and do something. I am still sore on my right side, really bad, and protein shakes are disgusting. I liked them before surgery. I go back to the surgeon on Thursday, but according to my scales, I have lost 22 pounds. Am I every going to not feel tired??????
What a wonderful ride this is!!!!!

Lazemom
on 4/27/09 1:46 am - moline, IL

So I am 7 days post op, and I am so glad that I am not the only was that has a pain on my left side, does anyone know what is causing this pain? I am still on regular liqids! I cant have soft food until May3, and belive me I am couting the days! I am not sure what I have lost, but I am very tired as well. I stayed up all day yesturday, didn't do much, but decided to take a shower, OMG, BAD idea, I could hardy finish my shower I was SSOOO tired!!! I had to go straight to bed, thank goodness my 5 year old was able to bruch my hair and my husband got me clothes! I have never felt so tired before!!
I am sure that the tiredness is going to go away some day, but I too would like to know when??

God luck on everyones sucess!!!!

jaycee719June
on 4/29/09 12:27 am - Lansing, MI
I had VSG 4/15/09 and I too feel that my clothes fit the same.  According to the scale I've lost 27 lbs and I'm hungry all the time.  I don't think my surgery is working very well.  I'm constipated and I'm very scared that I will have a sluggish weight loss.  I can eat about as much as I could before surgery.....Please give me your feedback.
gabesmom
on 5/6/09 1:33 am
 Hi there - I am new to the site.  I had my surgery on April 20th.  Everything went good, although my potassium was a little low after surgery (which is pretty common).  I go back to work on May 11th.  I just "graduated" to pureed food and am loving it!!!  I agree with the statement about the protein drinks... I don't know what happened, but at this point I will do anything but have one!  I am 26lbs down and feel completely different, but my bottoms aren't feeling any different.  I can see a difference in my face and neck, along with my chest.  I didn't have much discomfort, except for the drainage site.  My sister had surgery in November and has lost 83lbs already!!!  I am so excited for that day to come for me.

Take care all!!
Ang
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 726 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 877 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 763 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1292 views