What do I need for the hospital

LISA C.
on 5/7/03 3:37 pm - WOODHAVEN, NY
My surgery is May 21st, and I havent gone shopping yet! OMG I have to get started! Does any one have a list of supplies that will work both for the hospital and when I return home???
Lori F
on 5/10/03 3:28 am
I am scheduled for surgery at St Lukes on May 27th. I'm not taking much! From all I've read, I'm wearing something there that can be wadded up (they said they'll put my clothes into a plastic bag), and then I'll take my slippers (slide-in's) and an "open down the front" lightweight robe, for walking the halls. For after surgery, I have sugar-free popsicles, low sugar yogurt, cottage cheese, Crystal Light, and cream of wheat. I also bought a box of Real Meals off of the link that pops up on this sight sometimes. I don't want to skimp on my protien! My doctor has us eating soft solids before we leave the hospital. Each doctor is different. Oh, I also will have beef and chicken bullion too. Then I'll try things as I go. DON'T BUY TOO MUCH!! Your eating will slow down considerably, and you don't want to be stocking up on things you won't need. Here's an excellent link to help.... http://ww2.netnitco.net/users/trouble2/Switchboard.htm She's got a lot of good info. I try to go through the info about every week. I wish you the very best!! Lori
WLS_Deb
on 5/12/03 1:04 pm - East, Tx
Hey I am having surgery May 28th.. nice to meet you. I have a list I copied from someone else's recommendations on what to bring.. and what supplies to have on hand.... check out the profile if you wanna peek at the list. Sending best wishes on your journey... *hugs*
Jeralyn Merideth
on 5/16/03 3:04 am - Columbia, MO
Hi Lisa...don't feel bad. My surgery is on the 19th and I haven't done any shopping yet myself! I have read so many things that you're supposed to take, but this is what the vitalady suggests: hair brush tooth brush and toothpaste lip moisturizer (anesthesia makes lips very dry) "slip on" slippers lotion something soft and loose to wear home, such as sweats or a waist-less dress men might want a razor deodorant women: regardless of the time of month, "be prepared" as anesthesia can trigger an extra menses The hospital provides front & back gowns and footies. Due to the anesthesia and pain meds, you probably will not read a book. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hope this helps! Jeralyn
Oneida H.
on 5/19/03 12:23 pm - Miami, FL
Hi! I plan to take a loose fitting jogging suit, my own pajamas (if they let me), slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste, pads, etc. Pretty much the same as everyone else. I did buy a protein mix, multi-vitamins, b-12, iron, calcium, co q-12, and potassium tablets. I've been on a clear liquid diet since Thursday so I have food at home. I did buy a food processor and a new blender to make things easier. I also bought Lactose Free milk just in case I can't have the regular kind. All I need is an extra day to finish organizing my house!!! I still haven't put away my laundry. :o(
Most Active