28th is the day

Jennifer B.
on 5/24/03 10:58 pm - Tinton Falls, NJ
I only had a week to prepare, I didn't think I would be having surgery until September, so I am a little NERVOUS. I have recieved so much support from other WLSers, how great it is to have people to turn to and ask all my Questions! If anyone has suggestions for things(Food Vitamins, etc..) to have at home after surgery, please give me some suggestions. I am very nervous, and just want everything to go smoothly. If anyone else is having surgery at St. Peter's in New Brunswick, on the 28th I would love to chat with you.
Anastacha B.
on 5/26/03 3:24 pm - Where's the party?, KS
Hi Jennifer, I am also having surgery the 28th of this month. I have been waiting a long time for this day to come. Even though I have been waiting so long, I am still a little scared. More anxious and excited. But, you have every right to be nervous since you haven't had a lot of time to plan. I don't really know what to tell you as far as vitamins and food go. I can tell you what I have bought. But, I don't know yet what I will be able to eat and so forth. I got some soy protein powder. Vanilla and choclate. I figure I will make different things with these. I bought some flintstones chewable vitamins, sugar free tums, and some viativ chews for calcium. Of course the obligatory bottled water and lots of it, sugar free pudding and sugar free jello gelatin. Mashed potatoes and broth, cream soups. Some crystal light raspberry lemonade and juices. That's about it for right now. I figured I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff, I may not be able to tolerate. Oh yeah, I also bought some tic tacs. I read on this site that a lot of people brought tic tacs because you don't have to worry about swallowing them, when you can't drink they freshen your mouth and they are not high in sugar. So, I'm going to try those. I figure if they don't work I will just give them to my kids. Good luck to you. I hope I helped a little. Please keep in touch. I know you will be fine.~Carmen
Donna R.
on 5/27/03 3:50 am - Mt Bethel, Pa
Hi Jennifer, mine is tomorrow also. I know that the good Lord is going to protect and keep you in his loving arms. I pray that HE sends many angels to encamp around you while you are in surgery and in recovery. I pray that God guides your surgeons hands with skill and expertise like never before. And I pray that you have an uneventful surgery and recovery and that you'll soon be home on the losing side of life. Wow only a week to prepare. I've been working on my date for almost two years. I didn't go out and get alot right now. I got a jar of whey protein powder and liquid vitamins. God Bless Donna
Most Active