Hi all Post Ops, I have a ????

Sondra H.
on 6/13/03 6:52 pm - Phoenix, AZ
My surgery was 5/28/2003. I had my 2 week post op visit tuesday. Since then, I have devloped a hard lump about 4 inches long, 3 inches wide right at the incision line right above the belly button. It pulls when I sit up and the tummy is warm to the touch although I am not running a fever. Any similar experiences out there ???
Jeralyn Merideth
on 6/14/03 10:01 am - Columbia, MO
Hi. Haven't had any experiences like this, but it sounds like it could be a hernia or somehting. Being warm to the touch also suggests infection. I'd call my surgeon just to be on the safe side. Good luck! Jeralyn
CarolineAnnMartin
on 6/17/03 6:23 pm - Collegeville, PA
Hi Sondra I also experienced something similar but just to the left of my belly button. Per my surgeon, it was just an area that was healing and was nothing he was concerned about. BUT, I would check with your own surgeon just incase. Hernias can present like this, so you want to be sure to rule this out.
Michael P.
on 6/20/03 10:09 am - St. Louis Park, MN
Hi Sondra! I had a small lump as you described right in the center of my incision. It turned out to be a small absess that eventually began draining a yellowish fluid until it subsided and returned to normal. The leakage was just a part of the healing and was nothing to worry about per my Dr. I am 4 weeks post-op today. Though I have had a few small setbacks, I am glad that I went through the WLS! All the best to you Sondra! I start back to work Monday, Exactly one month from my surgery date.
Most Active