Waiting for the process with much anxiety!

PaulaTate
on 6/14/03 3:45 pm - Yuba City, Ca
I would like feedback that the surgery is a God sent? I have tried everything. I just want the entire thing over.
Diane L.
on 6/14/03 3:58 pm - Estherville, IA
Paula, My surgery (lap RNY with gall bladder) was May 20th. Since then I have lost nearly 40 lbs. I even mowed the lawn today - first time I could in years. I'm not hungry, don't even want to "share" when the kids bring home McDonalds or pizzas. To be honest, If I had know that the surgery would be this easy, and this effective, I would have done it several years ago. I am off all of my fluid pills and blood pressure medications, and my blood sugar is back to normal without medication. I don't know if this qualifies as a "God send", but it definitly has been a life saver! Good luck, Diane
Michael P.
on 6/20/03 10:24 am - St. Louis Park, MN
Hi Paula! I am 4 weeks post-op, and I can tell you that it is definately worth going through with WLS. (Weight Loss Surgery) During my pre-op physical 2 weeks prior to WLS, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My Dr. immediately put me on oral insulin to bring my blood sugar level down before surgery, which was effective. I have had High blood pressure for many years, and took 4 medications for that and my heart, as well as a diuretic to keep my legs from swelling with edema. Since my surgery, I am off of all meds for Hypertension, as well as off the diuretic, and the insulin. I saw my Dr, today, and I have lost a total of 65 lbs., Can breath again when I walk; Can walk a good distance without sweating profusely, and feel like I have bought myself an extra 25 years of life or more! Please! Go through with it. For your health, Yourself, and those who love you and are concerned about your morbid obesity.
Most Active