Plastic surgery, when?

Mnorris
on 11/13/03 3:50 am - Coventry, CT
Hi, I am down 90 lbs and within 10 of my goal. I have a lot of excess abdominal skin. When should you think of going to see someone? Any help would be great.
Lisa Pitzer
on 11/13/03 8:36 am - Simpsonville, SC
Hi Mary! Congratulations on the weight loss to date. I, also, had surgery on May13, 2003. The day of surgery I weighed 240, and today I am at 157! A few weeks ago I went for an intial consult with a plastic surgeon. That was a very hard experience to get naked for the exam, but I managed. What I learned was that I am not quite ready for this type of surgery, yet...due to the fact I have yet to reach a plateau for at least two - three months. I am still losing! I do not reqret going for the visit since I am researching the doctor that I feel will be the best for me. I plan to consult with several in my area and my health plan network.
Tammy L.
on 11/13/03 11:29 am - Victor, IA
Hi, I also had my surgery on May 13th, 2003 and I began at 376 and now I am at 223. I am also ready to begin researching the plastic surgery possibilities. I have not yet reached a pleatuea for the 2-3 month period but I know that I will continue to search for the right dr. now so when I do I will be ready. If you get any good leads let me know too!! Congratulations on your success and goodluck in the future!
Most Active