Let's do another role call!

Heather S.
on 11/29/03 2:40 am - Branford, CT
I am a little over 6 months out from RNY and have lost 82lbs. I feel I am losing very, very slowly and I am trying very hard to make the right choices and excersize. I still have a lot to lose too. Anyone else in a similar place or even if not let us know how you are doing. I am also curious how much other people are eating/excersizing at this stage. I do feel so much better than this time last year though
Kelly M.
on 11/29/03 6:31 am - portsmouth, Oh
My surgery date is the same as yours May 21st I had the DS as of yesterday I have lost -92lbs . I haven't felt this to be slow I eat more now than I did pre-op and never before have I ever lost this much on a diet we still have a good window of opportunity to continue loss I do not know how much more you have to lose i hope to lose 50- 60 lbs more and will consider my surgery a complete success. I have exercised 4 to 5 days a week since I was 6 weeks post-op I also make sure to get in about 75oz of water everyday. I have gone from a size 22 to a size 14/16 depends on the make I was hoping to be a 12 before Christmas but I feel great now and trying to just be happy with the loss I have and progress I have made though at times I too read where someone is a size 10 or 12 and feel alittle jealous cause I want to be there I am happy for them don't get me wrong and I know I will make it there just not happening fast enough for me either I guess.
Noreen M.
on 11/30/03 12:38 am - Mount Vernon, KY
Hi, my surgery was 5/13/03 and I am very discouraged at this point. I have only had a loss of 55 pounds. The last 2 months it has slowed to hardly anything. I get 80-100 oz. of water, stick to high protein, walk 5-7 days a week, light weight training 3 days a week. I am so despaired at all this. Noreen
Debra J.
on 11/30/03 11:14 pm - Philpot, KY
Judy, I'm also a little over 6 months out. I've lost about 87 pounds now and I do exercise to help keep my muscle tone. I don't believe we all lose that 100 pounds within the first 5 months. I actually believe slow losers are healthier and have a better chance of sticking with their new eating routine. I still have about 70 pounds to go and I know that it will probably take the better part of 10 months to get there. I wish you the best, and it sounds like your doing great. Keep up the good work.
Mindy B.
on 12/3/03 1:53 pm - McKinney, TX
Hey everyone! Well I had surgery on 05-27-03 and now at 6 months post-op I have lost 76lbs.! I went from 284 to 208 and from a size 24 to a size 16-18! I feel alot better and I hope I make it to 199 by the 1st of January! Wish me luck! Good Luck to everyone and Happy Holidays!
netter4
on 12/7/03 10:28 pm - Wilmington, IL
Hello everybody! I am 7 months out as of tomorrow and 89# down. I still want to lose about 35-45 more pounds, but really feel SOO much better now. I am at the same weight as when I met my hubby when I was in college. I stayed in the 170s all through high school and on and off during college. My body is very used to this weight and I know that it will be more of a hurdle to cross because of that. I have had to set small goals along the way b/c I like to feel like I am accomplishing goals along the way. My biggest challenge has been to get into the jeans I bought several years ago when I lost a lot of weight and fit into size 15/16 jeans. I keep putting them on, they button even, but are not comfortable. I want to be able to wear them at Christmas or New Years. It really depends on what I am eating, but I think I can probably get 6 oz in easily. I am not on a regular exercise routine. I just have not devouted my time to it. Hope everyone else is doing great!!! Jeanette 264/175/130-140??
alsobig
on 12/9/03 6:18 pm - Merrimack, NH
Great Job Everyone! I had my surgery on 5/15/03 and as of today.. 12/10/03 I have lost (forever) 140lbs. I feel great better then I have in a very long time.... I can not remember when I was this size before. Everything is easier to do... The best feeling is being able to fit into any seat that I want... Wether it is at the Movies, Resturants, Sporting Events, before I use to have to show up at least a half of an hour early so that I could pick out a seat were I wouldn't be in the way... Now it really doesn't matter......! Keep up the good work everyone.....!
dbrace3031
on 1/4/04 2:08 am - Colchester, vt
I have lost 120 maybe more since i weigh in only once a month when i have my weight and measurements done at curves...i find i cannot weigh myself weekly because i get too discouraged...i do not eat any bread ever..and i sometimes have special k for breakfast and lunch and then have a normal dinner, small portion...meat fills me up real fast which is good, no room for the carbs!! i can not be happier with my loss i have only averaged about a 7 pound loss the last few months but i don't care....slow loss is good they say and it lets your skin catch up...good luck everyone on your loss!!
Most Active