Support

C H.
on 4/22/04 6:33 am - Altoona, IA
I came to the May message board for some support. I have read all of your posting and am getting depressed. I had my lap RNY on May 7, 2003 and am only down 67 pounds, I still have 40 to go. I know I can eat mor than normal, and nothing makes me sick. I am excited because I am down from a size 20 to a 12/14, but I want the scale to move. I drink over a gallon of water a day and exercise 4-5 times a week for about 1 hour and a half. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. I eat 2 eggs and Canadian bacon 2 oz, for breakfast. Lunch is usually yogurt, cheese or a salad and dinner is some type of meat a total of 8 oz. I do have an evening snack of nuts or low fat ice cream. Please tell me what the rest of you eat. I need help!!
CarolineAnnMartin
on 4/29/04 3:29 am - Collegeville, PA
Hi C Have you tried doing away with the evening snack? How about increasing your protein? Honestly, it sounds like you aren't getting in enough protein rich food. Also, what is your weight now? BMI aside, is it possible that your body is where it should be? Sending smiles your way Caroline
C H.
on 4/29/04 4:16 am - Altoona, IA
Thanks Caroline, I did meet with the nutrion woman again and she said eat more protein too. I am just so discouraged.
netter4
on 4/29/04 9:27 am - Wilmington, IL
Have you thought about maybe making your portion sizes smaller, then eating more often? How about protein drinks or bars? I know if I am tempted, I can easily slip a few chips or m&ms in and don't even really think about it. Sometimes you have to mix it up for your body to respond. If you are working out a lot too, you really might be building muscle (weighs more than fat) and not seeing a change in weight. These are just a few ideas I have tried to kick the weight loss in the pants agian. Good luck! Jeanette Lap RNY 5-9-03 264/150/132
Most Active