QUESTIONS????

hermanjeannie
on 4/13/05 8:53 pm - SMALL TOWN, OH
Hey, guys...I am May, 2004...but, I wanted to ask you all some questions. 1. How did you do at one year??? 2. Did you get into a rut, at one year...like not losing for a long time? 3. Had you met your goal by one year? 4. If you did meet your goal...how did you get past the plataue???? 5. Any info on the one year stuff, would be greatly appreciated! I have hit a plataeu...but, I did lose 3 pounds last week. Since the weathe is nicer, I have been walking. So, maybe that helped. I just am really discouraged...cause no matter what I eat...a lot, not a alot, the right stuff, the "not-right" stuff...I stay the same. Jeannie
Dawna
on 4/22/05 1:15 am - Springdale, AR
I had met my surgeons goal at 1 year. I have not really lost anymore since then. I would like to lose about 17 pounds (then my BMI will be 24.9 which is normal). At one year I was able to eat anything, still less than pre-op but more than I had since I was post-op. Now I can eat about 6 ounces at a time before I feel full. I dump once in a while. Not from small amounts of sugars, but from strange stuff (such as sweetened cereal, but not from a snickers bar). Don't get discouraged. Are you near your goal? How do you feel? Just remember that getting to goal weight is not the primary reason for this surgery. It is not cosmetic. Have your co-morbid conditions resolved? Are you active, healthy and happy? Are you proud of all that you have accomplished? This is the measuring stick to go by-- not the scale. It wasn't our friend pre-op and it isn't always our friend post-op. Good Luck Dawna
Most Active