day 2 liquid diet

Ruth A.
on 1/8/11 11:53 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
so yesterday I was really pleased with myself and felt in control over my eating.  I did eat some crackers and a small amount of cheese in the evening as my blood sugar crashed, but it was my decision to eat rather than the compulsive eating I've been doing lately so I'm ok with that.

Today forgot and ate a small cookie at church before I 'remembered' I am on liquids, but refuse to feel guilty and used it to remind myself not to eat teh cakes on offer!!!  Feels SO GOOD to be making decisions and in control rather than being obsessed/compulsive.

Am taking it one day at a time and wil introduce food again in MUCH smaller quantites that I've been eating lately.  I do need to see the number on the scales go down, and will focus on myself much more this year - last year was a year of stresses and putting myself last!

evansrn9
on 10/15/11 7:42 am - Alexandria, LA
Hey Ruth!  Long time no post :-) 

I started getting serious two weeks ago and am bound and determined to lose just like you! 

I've moved so much since reaching my goal weight that I never found a new surgeon to follow me.  Believe it or not, there are a ton of surgeon's offices that won't take us on as patients when somone else does the surgery.  I didn't have that support to KEEP the weight off.  Don't get me wrong...being 220 vs. 342 is awesome, but It was UBER awesome to be 145. 

I stopped coming around OH as  I thought we'd all drifted as the years go by.  But... I found a large surgeon's group only a half hour away and they agreed to take me on.  They have really helped me refocus and really remember all the things I've forgotten.  

So, I've lost 13lbs in the last two weeks and gotten to 207.  I'd like to lose 50-60 more pounds. 

I was STUNNED by how easy it was to get back in the habit of all those things we were taught. 

One of the ways that I tried very hard to do was to visualize.  I visualized all the things I did in the course of a day when I was experiencing the most sucess after surgery.  I realized that it wasn't just my eating habits that changed since reaching my goal.  I realized that I wasn't doing the things that made me happy back then either, even down to my favorite TV shows, my routines, everything.  All in all, I realized that I got happier as I lost the weight.  As I gained the first 5 lbs back, I was mad at myself....fast forward to 80lbs gained and I convinced myself that I was meant to be unhappy again...I settled for it.  I created the awful life I was so succesful at changing. 

Anyway,
I'm glad someone else is making the change too!

Rachael
Ruth A.
on 10/16/11 1:40 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Rachael

Lovely to hear from you.  I've stopped going on to oh too, but thankfully your post got sent to my email.

I didn't do very well after that post :(  I've gained more and am up about 30lbs on my lowest weight.  Never got to goal.

So now I'm struggling to lose which in reality is struggling to maintain and not gain.  I'm surprised and dismayed at how much I can eat - it feels like I never had surgery.  Went for some tests to see if I could have a band fitted over the old surgery but they said there was nothing wrong so weren't willing to do anything.  So it's like being pre-wls with all the struggles and stresses.  I don't get how I can eat normal portion sizes - one of the main considerations that I wrestled with before wls was that I would never be able to eat normally, but that isn't true.  I wish I was only able to eat small portions-  I'm just not able to control my portion size by myself.  I too didn't get any post wls help as my surgeon was in Belgium and it wasn't included.

Sorry to go on and on about it, but I'm so frustrated.  It is so good to hear how well you are doing and that you have found a support group nearby that is helping.  Keep in touch as how you are doing - would love to hear

Ruthx

evansrn9
on 10/17/11 11:25 am - Alexandria, LA
I got to the point of being able to eat just about EVERYTHING as well.  I don't think it's ever too late to get control.  That's what I'm really hoping for myself.  I've gain a greater belief in myself for the resolve to buckle down.  I think it's important for us to come back to these boards even when we've gained.  You know, when you first start on OH you look at the success and all the happy boards.  I wish someone would have suggested going and lurk on the 4+ years post op boards! 

I know your frustration.  It's overwhelming sometimes, especially when you look at the clothes you bought but can't fit into.  I'm hoping to gain some confidence that I CAN do this!

Rachael

Ruth A.
on 1/12/11 6:48 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK

Still pleased with myself - eating more, but still controlled.  Have lost 4lbs, which always helps and am trying to stay focussed.  I don't want it creeping back on again...

I am beginning to realise again just how little I need to eat and how much I have been overeating without even realising it.

Most Active