come out come out wherever you are!!!!

Donna W.
on 4/2/09 2:50 pm - Spring, TX
Ok, wouldn't it be great for all of us to check in!!!  If you know were someone is lurking please drag them here to post.  Lets all post how we are now that we are almost 2 years post op!!!!

Are you at goal?  What new things do you do now that you were unable to do before?  How have things been for you?  How much more weight do you still want to lose?  Have you had plastics?  Have them planned in the near future?   Major announcements - new arrivals, engagements, etc

You know.....tell us everything!!!!

Donna
lv2beasahm
on 4/9/09 10:01 am - Pennsville, NJ
Big hugs Donna! 

I've been so busy with real life that I don't come here as much as I should.  Here's my update!

I'll celebrate 2 yrs on May 25.  I started at 265.8 pounds and this morning I was 124.6 pounds!  GO ME!  I'm currently in a size 2 or 4 and/or juniors jeans size 3 or 5.  I feel FANTASTIC!  I'm getting a little self-confidence back.  Slowly but surely.  Still no need for plastics for me!  If I do anything it'll be to get boobs.  I mean, I'm not Playboy material but what I have doesn't bug me so why go through the pain ya know?  There's NOTHING I can't do now.  Life is sweet!  Well, for the most part. LOL  No real announcements for me...yet.  Life is pretty good.  My business is getting off the ground *FINALLY!* because I feel better about myself.  Oh, yeah, I have a friend I met online and he's a soldier with UN Peacekeeping.  He's from Norway.  So, I wanted to do something way out and wacky for me.  Guess what.  Though he's got great command of English (even gets my sarcasm!) I'm taking online classes to learn Norwegian.  No real reason.  I just wanted to do something way out and wacky.  Can't wait to send him my first fully Norsk email. LOLOL

So, there's my one crazy THIN thing. LOL

Love you all!
* Cyndi *

Donna W.
on 4/12/09 2:13 pm - Spring, TX
So good to see you!!!!!  It has been way to long!!!!  Sounds like you are doing awesome!  Isn't it just great!!!!  I think learning another language sounds like a great thing to do!!!

Donna
cschoen
on 4/12/09 11:59 am - NJ
Two years for me is May 2nd.  I can't believe it!  I was stalled for the LONGEST time at 138 lbs; this past week I went to my nutritionist and I was 133!  I never really had a goal set by my surgeon - 141 lbs. was 130 lbs lost and he felt that was more than good enough.  I wanted 135 so I could say I lost HALF my body weight.  At 133 lb I passed that goal.  I think that was a fluje though and will more than likely go back to 138 and stabilize - I'll take it. 

Until a week ago (had TOO MUCH to do to get ready for the Passover holiday) I was exercising 5-6 days a week.  I'm lucky in that we have a gym, a trainer and workout-classes at work, so that's my method, for the most part, supplementing one or two days a week at home.  Again, because of the holiday, I've basically stopped, except for half-mile walks a few times aweek, and won't really be able to get back to my schedule until Monday April 20th.  I'm afraid I'll fall back into my old habit of NOT keeping with my schedule (pre-surgery habit, that it) but I'm determined that that CAN'T happen!!!!!!

If I had to sum up the past two years I would first say GREATFUL! then AMAZED!  It hasn't chenged certain things in my life - I never expected that the surgery would do that, but, above all, I AM healthy and I FELL SO MUCH BETTER ABOUT MYSELF!  I cannot believe it sometimes, especially since I have had esteem issues most of my life.

Thanks to all of you for your support when we were all just fledglings together - I hope you are all well and feeling asgood about yourselves - we did amazing, people!

Best,
The *other* Cyndi

Cyndi, Leader, OH Groups,
Northern NJ Stalwarts
and (the slow-growing) Keeping It Kosher After WLS

"I want my unwarranted optimism back!" Dilbert

Donna W.
on 4/12/09 2:18 pm - Spring, TX
Cyndi,

So good to "see" you!!  That is great that you are sticking to an excercise routine.....wish I could say the same.  But i am trying ot get there. 

I am very amazed as well.....I mean I had an idea what it would be like.  But I was way off LOL!  I am just so very grateful to feel so much better!!

Donna
armra1967
on 4/17/09 3:05 pm - Lakewood, NY
Wow! 2 years has flown by quick. I never managed to meet goal can't shed the last 4 pounds no matter how hard I try. Other than that I feel fine and look good. Smallest I've ever been at a size 7-8. Would love to have a little plastics (inner thighs tummy, boobs, upper arms), but insurance won't cover and I can't afford. Okay maybe a lot of plastics...LOL How about you Donna?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 580 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1222 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1189 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 960 views