LOOKING FOR SUPPORT??????

evndnl
on 5/5/09 12:00 pm - RI
Hello.... I am brand new to this whole thing...earlier,i posted somewhere, just dont know where it went??? Is there anyone out there who wants to take this journey along side of me.
I am having my surgery on May 19th.... I just started my 2 week pre op diet today...
I have tons of support at home with family and friends, but thought it would be nice to share with others that are about to walk in my shoes....
This decision to have the surgery has been ongoing for about a yr now.  i finally made the appt in march to see the dr.,  completed my work up in a month, and got approved 2 weeks after that, and here I am....

Looking forward to making some new friends,
along with any questions comments and concerns....

ps: did i mention i could use all the help i can get on here...lol

"The only thing I have to LOSE is weight,
after that I have everything to GAIN....."

starting weight =272
pre op =256 
surgery date = 240

rose78
on 5/5/09 5:19 pm, edited 5/5/09 5:19 pm - san jose, CA
Hi There! well I am about to embark  on the ride of my life   5-13-09 and hope you find all the support you can get ~!

Good luck  you will do  great just follow dr's orders!

ROSE 78 

evndnl
on 5/5/09 10:09 pm - RI
good luck to u rose.... thanks for replying!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be thinking of ya

starting weight =272
pre op =256 
surgery date = 240

iamfarfaraway
on 5/5/09 10:46 pm - Charlotte, NC

Well on this forum we are all going through this at the same time, so we can all support one another.

My surgery is May 25th and I start my liquid diet next Monday, I have an appt today to see the NUT about my diet I will be on pre-op and post-op then I see the Surgeon tomorrow.  My journey started last Aug so I have been around for a while just waiting for this time,  I am pretty excited and scared at the same time.

On finding where you have posted before.  If you go to my oh, then my posts you should see all the posts you have done and comments you made on other posts.

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery, wishing you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.

40 lbs lost pre-op

sunshine85222
on 5/6/09 5:53 am - Arizona City, AZ
Hi I have the same surgery date of may 19, I just started my liquid diet yesterday and I have been really hungry!! LOL so we can keep each other posted and I will pray for you that you will have an uneventful surgery!! God Bless

Big Sexy

brokenmoon
on 5/6/09 11:10 am
I have a date of May 19 too!!!    I had my pre-op appointments today and got pre-registered at the hospital.  I'm a little nervous but mostly excited!!!  I'll be thinking of you and will look forward to reading your posts to see how everything went!  Best of luck and feel free to message me if you want to talk specifics!

Sara
Julie Nolan
on 5/6/09 5:53 pm - RI

Hi Linda!

Looks like you found yourself some penpals here! Good for you!

See you soon!

Jules

For Info about Rhode Island Support Groups, please email me!  [email protected]

karen C.
on 5/9/09 4:09 am
Hi! I'm getting a lapband on May 22nd. I started my liquid diet yesterday and am not loving it. I could eat my own shoe today..... But I've heard it gets better after a few days. I sure hope so. Anyway I'll be very happy to talk to you over these next months!
EOD WIFE
on 5/10/09 9:46 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
On May 9, 2009 at 11:09 AM Pacific Time, karcar61 wrote:
Hi! I'm getting a lapband on May 22nd. I started my liquid diet yesterday and am not loving it. I could eat my own shoe today..... But I've heard it gets better after a few days. I sure hope so. Anyway I'll be very happy to talk to you over these next months!
If your not already eating S/F Popcicles they can save your sanity on a liquid diet.  My Nut said they were ok to eat on the pre~op liquid diet and they helped big time with the sweet's craving & just late night hunger.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

evndnl
on 5/11/09 11:39 pm - RI
thanks for the popsiscle info...it is saving me from gnawing at teh furniture...lol

take good care

linda

starting weight =272
pre op =256 
surgery date = 240

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1398 views
NOTLosing