Anyone kinda blue after surgery?

karen C.
on 5/26/09 10:07 pm
I've gone from being super excited to almost wishing I didn't do this.....   I don't have much physical pain but I just feel really tired and flat emotionally. Is this normal at all? Will I feel better in a few days? I have suffered from depression in the past and I don't ever want to go through that again. Sorry if I'm bringing anyone down, but I could really use some input....
karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc
removed 10/6/11 due to erosion

EOD WIFE
on 5/27/09 11:16 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Hi Karen
Yes it is normal. Something many people have experienced after WLS. Many programs have councelors on staff to help, you may ask your Doc if they offer that type of thing. It will get better, I am just now to a point where I am not tired so much and feel 100X better. Good Luck!
Kim

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

karen C.
on 5/28/09 12:25 am
Thank you so much, Kim. This is really kinda freaking me out. It's like i just crashed. It's only been six days, so hopefully in a few more I'll feel better.
karen
karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc

iamfarfaraway
on 5/28/09 10:08 am - Charlotte, NC
One thing my Surgeon told me is there will be days when I will say "why did I do this to myself"  and I know it has been less than a week and I just want to see progress, when I came home from the hospital I was 15 lbs heavier and that was a little depressing.  I had to go thu 2 weeks of liquid diet and I lost 11lbs one surgery and now starting back at the beginning .  I know this was and is something I wanted to do for me so I am putting up with these little things for now.

40 lbs lost pre-op

karen C.
on 5/28/09 9:29 pm
Hi Sandy- I'm glad you're home and everything went well. The weight has to be just fluid from IV's and stuff. It should go away within a few days. I'm going to the doctor today for my one week check up.  I'm also seeing my psychiatrist (I've had depression before, I think that's why this scares me so much). I just keep thinking, maybe fat and HAPPY was better. Thanks so much for your message- it really helps.
karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc

Gooodjuju
on 5/29/09 11:30 am
Yeah, I was thinking about that today...I feel zero motivation and don't want to leave the house.  I forced myself to get out today and I go back to work on Monday.  Support group Tuesday.

Just waiting for this to pass...
~juju

Freespirit521
on 6/5/09 5:23 am - Milton, FL
Oh my God, can I relate and then some. The night of surgery I lost it and literally wanted my Mommy. The nurses where great and told me it was partly from anesthesia and gave me some ativan and settled me down.

Then a few days later at home one night I just could NOTstop crying. I was apologizing for being a bad wife, a bad mom, a bad daughter it was awful. It was like I had no control over my emotions. My husband said I would have admitted to the JFK assasination if I kept going. He kept walking in w/ various medications ground up in medicine cups and a paper bag to breath in. He was having such a hard time not knowing what do w/ me. He kept wanting to take me to the ER. 

Your body is in shock.......it's been through a lot. And we're women!

This to shall pass.
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1398 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1385 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1261 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1122 views