Funny Taste in mouth

kellietag
on 6/5/09 1:54 am - Santee, CA
I cant seem to get rid of this awful taste in my mouth. Its like a slimmy gross taste, I cant even explain it. I normally would down a diet mt dew and be good but cant have the soda anymore.

any suggestions?

Cant take much more of this taste

Thanks
Kellie
Blumer11585
on 6/5/09 2:10 am
Hey Kellie,

I was having that problem before.... you need to change what you ae drinking... I actually talke xot my Dr. about that.  Start drinking crystal light the pink lemonade is the best. and change what you are eating a little bit... tea and crystal light are the best. and egg salad helps too depending on what phase you are in

Rachael
kellietag
on 6/5/09 2:43 am - Santee, CA
I am a few days shy of 3 week post op. I am eating soft foods only. I drink decaf tea and crystal light, plain water is just not my thing. Maybe I need a little more flavor to my food, gonna give that a try today.

Thanks for the help

Kellie
aphrael
on 6/5/09 11:27 pm
Are you on any meds yet? 

I know my Urso for my gallbladder tastes nasty and it leaves a discusting taste in my mouth.  Also some vitimins will leave an after taste.
kellietag
on 6/8/09 2:09 am - Santee, CA
Only meds I take are vitamins (centrim chewable, orange flavor) calcium and Insulin. I drank a little hot tea instead of regular iced tea and it helped a little. I have tried several brands of water, nothing seems to taste good anymore. Before surgery I liked sparkletts water, now I can stand it or any water so far. I used to be a Diet Mt Dew addict, wish I could have one of those right now... lol
ckreege
on 6/13/09 10:34 am
I am having the same problem.  NOTHING tastes good anymore, not even water.  Everything seems to have a "metalic" taste.  Not sure if that is exactly what it is, but it is nasty.  The Urzo does have a bad taste, and I think that starts the bad taste, but not sure what to do about it.  Have tried the Crystal Lite but still there.  Would love some suggestions.  

I'm still on a soft diet, and have a very limited choice of foods.  

Any help would be appreciated!!! 

Thanks so much 
Cathy 
JLOBrien
on 6/21/09 7:10 am - CT
RNY on 05/18/09 with
Hi Kellie,

I just found this board and I actually asked my doc about this a few days ago. I am getting the same funky taste in my mouth and wanted to make sure sugar-free mints are okay (she gave me the go by the way)

She said it might be ketosis. Your body is burning it's fat stores, which is causing a reaction in your body. That might explain the gross tastes.

I had my surgery on May 18th and it is happening less frequently to me...might be the mints helping.

I hope that helps.

Jessie

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1398 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1390 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1267 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1125 views