i need some help.....please

uNiQuE, iTs wHaT i
Am!

on 6/6/09 4:18 am - Selinsgrove, PA

So I got sick with the flu over a week ago. Well crazily I am still having problems. I still have a slight cold and problems eating. My pouchy constantly feels like theres a lead block in it. Before I eat I'm nauseous and hungry, after I ate I am nauseous and uncomfotable. I cant win, even drinking fluids leaves me with this feeling and God forbid its a protein drink, I've just been staying away from these cause even the smell of the powder has me gagging. So lately I have been eating little to nothing, which I know isn't good. I'm not getting enough of anything in, especially protein and I am getting worried. I've basically been living off of yogurt (dannon lite nd fit and I try and mix in a half a scoop of protein), crackers (bad, bad, bad but I need to ingest something) and if in a good mood fish like salmon (must be canned) will sit. Yesturday I tried a hard boiled egg...no go so tried to make egg salad...could only get down the yolk. I am so frustrated right noow. Any suggestions...HELP! Oh and I dont like soup, of any kind including just broth, cottage cheese, pudding, beans, or jello.

In a world full of cheerios be a fruit loop!   
Lilypie - (HynR)

260lbs.......148lbs........165lbs
                       Start........Current.......Goal 
                                Goal met 11/23

brian.asmussen
on 6/6/09 4:51 am

I gag with the protein powders as well. I have found something that is much better. I've been drinking about 4oz of Myoplex Light (vanilla and chocolate) that I bought at Target last week. They have helped me get more protein and not gag with the powders! I’ve also started eating applesauce and tried egg salad for the first time yesterday. I also had some bean soup – pretty much just a little bit of beans – and was able to take them really well.

All the best!

iamfarfaraway
on 6/6/09 12:09 pm - Charlotte, NC
Try Greek yogurt it at least has more protein, you can add SF flavoring to the plain , applesauce with some unflavored protein powder.  (unflavored protein you can add to everything so a good thing to have around the house)

40 lbs lost pre-op

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1398 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1391 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1268 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1127 views