5 months out...how is everyone?!

Jennifer M.
on 11/9/09 1:39 am - NY
Hi everyone!! I will be 6 months out on 11/20/09. I have lost a total of about 85lbs with 26lbs to go until I reach goal. I am now in a size 10 pants and I can fit into a size 8, but they are still a little snug. I started out in a 22/24. At being only 5ft tall (exactly 5ft), 220lbs is a real lot. My BMI was 44. Now I am a 26. I am just considered overweight. YAYYY!!!!! But in the last couple of weeks, I have not lost anything. But I don't think I am getting in enough water or protein. I am trying, but I cant do shakes. Tried them with water and milk..they still make me sick (the shakes). I just bought a 64oz water bottle that I am going to start carrying around with me. I love it. It even has an ice thingy in it.

I am kinda scared though..I have in some aspects gone back to the old me. This is one thing I am going to see a NUT about and seek counseling as of next week (this is my 1st appt with a new counselor..dunno if he has experience with WLS or not..but we shall see how it goes!). Sugar does NOT make me dump..In fact, the only thing it does is give me a severe headache. I can eat small candy bars, cookies, etc... and not have any major episodes. I wish I would though, as weird as it sounds.

I am glad that I have been given this new life and body!!!!

Love always, Jennifer

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~ Susan B. Anthony

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
jpas_mom
on 11/9/09 5:17 am - Malvern, PA
Hey all-
I just passed the 5 month out mark on 10/26. Since the surgery I've lost 63lbs. All together I've lost 126 lbs (had a lot to lose before surgery). My weight loss has been slowed recently, but I've also stopped going to the gym as often as I used to. So I'm trying to get back in (starting tonight!!)
So far I'm thrilled w/ my weight loss. The day before my 5 month anniversary I attended a friend's wedding. I was wearing a size 12 dress! I haven't been that size since high school! I'm also off all high blood pressure meds. What a great feeling!
I still experience the "highs" and "lows" of weight loss like I used to (sometimes snack too much, eating too fast, etc.) but overall, I've never felt as confident about who I am and what I've accomplished. I almost can't believe that last year on Thanksgiving I weighed 320 lbs (my heaviest) and now I'm below 200!!
We're so hard on ourselves about losing the weight within a certain timeframe, but I really feel that we should focus on where we've come from, doing the right thing EVERYDAY, and the rest will fall into place. Best of luck as you all continue your journey to better health!
HW320/SW257/CW171/GW127
63 lbs lost PRE-OP!

pitablond
on 11/9/09 8:49 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Oh my goodness!  You are doing fantastic.  It's great to see how well everyone is doing!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1398 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1385 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1261 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1122 views