5 months out...how is everyone?!

pitablond
on 10/28/09 4:47 am - Harrisburg, PA

I am 5 months out as of yesterday, down from a somtimes snug 26/28 to an 18/20...I even got into a size 16 dress (yay!).  I have lost about 62lbs and I feel fantastic. 

How are you??!!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

Daisygirl12
on 10/28/09 9:51 am - Canada
I'm almost 6 months out, as of Nov. 7 and I hit 80lbs today and am feeling great!  Loving being able to shop in regular sized stores and was able to buy a pea coat and pair of size 14 jeans at Old Navy!  I started out in a snug 22 and I'm just so happy to be in regular sizes!  No more Pennington's for me! (That's our main plus size store in Canada.)  

And I got a nice compliment on Thanksgiving.  My daughter told me on the way home that when her and my niece were playing, she said to my daughter, 'Your mom looks different.'  To which my daughter responded, 'Yup, my mom had surgery!'  Out of the mouths of babes!  It was too cute and made my day.

Would love to hear how everyone's doing, too!
~Angie ~

pitablond
on 10/28/09 10:22 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Great job girl!  I have to say that Im excited that Im only 20lbs behind you since everyone says that banding is so much slower.  Thank you for making me feel good! 

EOD WIFE
on 10/29/09 10:55 am - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Y'all are doing great.
I will be 6mo out on 11-5 and I am losing slowly, but steady. This has been a wonderful journey for me. I started out with HBP and Diabetes. I have not taken meds for my Diabetes since I went in for surgery, and my A1c is NORMAL. I have been off BP meds for about a month now and my BP is totally normal.
If I don't lose another pound this surgery was so worth it.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/09 11:27 pm
Congrats to everyone!! I too am almost 6mo out on Nov 14Th I will be. I have lost a total of 89 pounds since surgery and feel great!! I have lost a total of 96 pounds since Jan 09.  I was a size 24 and now I am a 12 YAY!! I love shopping!! I get so much more for the same money I used to spend. The things that I love most are being able to hold my babies in my lap now that I have one. I also am not out of breath when I go up and down my stairs. I love that my body no longer feels like it is breaking my knees and back feel good. I can fit a towel around my body. These are simple things that most people would say so what to but when you have been fat all your life and not able to do these things they sure do mean a lot. I still have 60 more pounds to go and I have not lost anything in about 2 wks. Is there any advice that any of you have for me. I go to have my levels checked on Nov 20th I hope all is well. Again congrats to everyone you should all be very proud of yourselves.
talksoupslp
on 10/30/09 5:08 am
Since my surgery was May 6th, I'm nearly 6 months out.  Officially, I'm down 100 pounds since surgery (with 70 pounds gone prior to surgery).  I've gone from wearing a 32/34-5X to 22/24-2X.  I have to attend my cousin's Bat Mitzvah next weekend and I was able to buy 2 dresses at Macy's (a first for me), one in size 22, the other a 24! 

This Bat Mitzvah will be the first time most of my family has seen me in 4 years.  Saw my aunt last summer, and was only about 15 or 30 pounds down from my highest weight.  My family doesn't know I had surgery and don't know I've been losing weight.  I've blacked them out, so to speak of all the good news awaiting this event to surprise them.  Heck, I wouldn't even friend my cousin on Facebook so they wouldn't find out (I have pics and updates constantly on there).

My mom (who lives with me and obviously knows) is getting a big kick living vicariously through me.  I'm at my lowest weight since early high school, I suppose (20+ years).  And if the gym scale this am was accurate, my drivers license is officially no longer a lie!!!!!  I'll find out tomorrow at my Weigh****cher weigh-in.

Oh, and Spanx are my new best friend!

I'd say I'm doing pretty good!

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
pitablond
on 11/3/09 2:15 am - Harrisburg, PA
Oh my gosh...that is WONDERFUL!!!  You will have to fill us in on the family reactions!!!

talksoupslp
on 11/3/09 9:35 pm
Will post next week on the family reaction.  Just wish I had a video camera!  It's going to be fun!

I have to see my father on Friday.  I do not and have not had a relationship with him in probably 15 years.  In the last few years, my brother has mended bridges with him (I'm sure they get along great since neither one of them will admit there was ever any problems).  Anyway, my brother is in the process of buying a new house and we want to see it.  My father is their real estate agent.  So, in order to see the house, we have to see my father.  I get to flaunt my "skinny ass" to him too!  HA!

-Elli

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
Kelly S.
on 11/3/09 9:29 pm
Well, I haven't lost any weight for over six weeks. It is kind of depressing and I'm trying not to let it get me down.  I will be six months out on Nov 15th but I started my liquid diet on May 3rd so as of yesterday I am down 110 pounds in six months.  Which is ALOT and I get that, but to not lose ANY weight for six weeks is kind of depressing. Just about that time I went on birth control pills and stopped exercising. So I have gone back to exercising and went off the pill because I am having a hysterectomy on December 9th. YEAH! 

I think I also need to work harder at getting all my water in, I don't drink nearly enough and that might be part of my problem.  Everyone has done great! 

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

Sara C.
on 11/8/09 9:09 pm, edited 11/8/09 9:10 pm - Belding, MI
Wow!

WTG you gals! You are all doing an amazing job!

My 6 month surgiversary will be on 11/26. At this point I'm down about 68 lbs since surgery. I've been battling feeling tired, lately, and haven't lost anything in about 8 weeks. It is beginning to freak me out a little bit. So Kelly, I feel ya, all the way. But I'm still ecstatic with what has happened so far!

Kudos to you all!

The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself.
Anais Nin
Surgical weight-289.6/Lowest weight postop-173

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1395 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1385 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1259 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1121 views