Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/11 4:13 am
Topic: RE: may 26th RNY
 i am home now.there were no real complications from surgery.it took alittle longer than expected.i am really sore how about you.im trying to get my liquids down but its hard.rigth now im drinking a little consumme .talk to you soon
justwillow
on 5/28/11 2:03 pm - OR
Topic: RE: May 23rd
I am doing pretty good, the gas is the worst thing for me at this point. How are you doing?

Faith H.
on 5/28/11 11:55 am - WV
Topic: RE: So how are we feeling?
I woke up thinking what in the heck have I done to myself but each day it gets better. Just waiting to have the drain removed on Tuesday. Its better each day.
Faith H.
on 5/28/11 11:53 am - WV
Topic: RE: May 23rd 2011 for me
How is everyone doing now?
Faith H.
on 5/28/11 11:51 am - WV
Topic: RE: May 23rd
Had mine on the 23rd. How are you doing?
csemmelrock
on 5/28/11 12:34 am - CT
Topic: RE: May 31st surgery for me
 I'm having my VSG on the 31st! My check in time is 630am, and the hospital is an hour away, so that morning should be... fun. Good luck to everyone! And I also really like the memorial day connection. :)
Roliza Bartlett
on 5/26/11 4:52 am
Topic: RE: May 19th Minneapolis
I had my surgery on May 19th too! Very emotional day for me as my Dad passed away in November, and that is his birthday! I ended up staying in the hospital an extra night due to not being able to pee :( I am doing pretty well now. Never took any pain meds in the hospital or now, just Tylenol...but I haven't even taken that for 3 days now. After being on this liquid diet I CANNOT WAIT to eat some chicken!! Good luck to you!
Sarahbear1
on 5/25/11 4:53 am - Edmonton, Canada
Topic: VSG May 18th 2011
 I had my surgery last week and things are going well.

I live in Canada and have gone through the weight wise program.
I started in the program back in Jan 2010. weighing in at 329.6.
The day before surgery *may 17th 2011* i was 287.7
As of yesterday i am 278.9

i have a great support group here in Edmonton and i found  myself very prepared. I was expecting it to be alot harder than it actually was. my biggest issue in the hospital was i had a reaction to the liquid codine they were giving me.

today is exactly one week since surgery and i have not let it slow me down. I am doing grocery shopping and walking and  window shopping and  going to soccer games and working bingos , going to friends houses, walking with kids to park, helping at the kids school.
the only exception is.. i do need my 2 or 3 hour nap every day.

what im having a hard time with ... is the eating and drinking. I am in no way getting the amount of water i  need or food.  im up around 745-8... i have a 3 hour nap in the day... and im in bed by 10. how do i fit in 2000 of water and 60 g of protein?? and im not allowed shakes...

Sarah

2teachall
on 5/25/11 1:57 am - NY
Me too on the pre op. Glad that part is ending. My surgery is early I have to be at the hospital at 6AM. I live about 45 min from the hospital so I will have an early morning. That is good I do not imagine I will get much sleep. I am scheduled to be discharged Sat. What abot you. I will be waiting to hear how you do.  Good luck
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 1:48 am
 thank you.im getting nervous.i hate the preop diet i am soooo glad im on the last day.
how are you feeling.my surgery is sched for 1045.i will be thinking of you too.talk to you soon see you on the loser bench 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ugh!
peanutsmama · 0 replies · 910 views
ONEDERLAND !!
Fancy4684 · 1 replies · 1207 views