Hello June 1999 members!

LisaHackett
on 6/29/03 3:31 am - Kenosha, WI
Wow...has it really been FOUR years since we've had our surgeries? I would love to hear how others are doing this far out. I am hovering around 155 and would like to lose 25 pounds. Exercise is still one of my favorite activities but I'm really having to watch what I put in my mouth, you know! Speak up, friends!! Let me know how you are.... Lisa
jasna
on 10/5/04 4:29 am - Pleasanton, CA
I am still trying to loose 80 more, and really struggling. Have you been hearing of other people who have not reached their goal weight? Jasna
Lana H.
on 3/6/05 6:12 am - Salem, IL
Hi Jasna, I know what you mean. I went into surgery weighing 350. I originally lost 146 lbs. approx 1 1/2 yrs post op, I got pregnant (miraculously, had not been able to get pregnant up to this point), and gained 78 lbs. My OB doctor insisted that i eat 6 small meals a day, in order for fetus to get adequate nutrition. I am now at 224, and can not seem to get the rest off. I would be pleased if I could get down to 175, but will I ever get there? I know a lady locally that is a toothpick, from having this surgery. Why couldn't I have been one of these lucky ones? Lana
jasna
on 12/15/05 3:47 am - Pleasanton, CA
But Guess what. I lost 50lbs since my last posting. I am scheduled for a hernia repair and tummy tuck Jan 2006!
Lana H.
on 3/6/05 6:06 am - Salem, IL
Hello, just wanted to let you know, that almost 6 yrs out, I have only lost 140 lbs. I still weigh 224 and would like to get down to 170. This surgery is not the miracle cure for all people.
LisaHackett
on 3/6/05 8:26 am - Kenosha, WI
If your surgeon told you this was a "miracle cure"...bad job on his/her part. It is not a cure..it is a TOOL. You can't continue the bad habits you had before you had the surgery and expect it to work. I hate to sound indifferent but you have to eat right and you HAVE to exercise. My weight fluctuates and I am not stick thin. I also had a baby and dieted and worked out to get my weight back down. My take on it is...if I could out myself through a risky surgery like I did...and put up with the dumping and the little eating...I better use it to it's full extent. WHY waste the chance to be healthy? So, I agree with you..this surgery ISN'T a miracle cure. It's a way for you to help yourself.
Most Active
Recent Topics