struggling with portioning...HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Alicia W.
on 11/28/06 3:04 am - Ephrata, WA
I am almost 2 and 1/2 years out from my surgry. I lost almost 150 lbs and I continue to lose size rather than weight. my problem is that a lot of my old eating habits are coming back. I'm wanting to eat when I'm not hungry. I'm eating more at each meal than I should. I'm scared! I don't want to go back to the way things were before. Please, any ideas?
terrycoles
on 11/30/06 12:20 am - Corpus Christi, TX
I understand where you're coming from! Do you have a support group where you are? That helps me to stay accountable for my actions. My surgeon here insists that we only eat 3 meals and no snacking....ever! That helps me stay on track. I still try to eat protein first and supplement it with other stuff like salads, lots of veggies that have few calories. Eating denser proteins that are more filling helps me too. I love cottage cheese but since it's got a high water content it's not as filling to me as a few slices of deli turkey breast. I avoid bad carbs like breads also. And how about exercise? Don't stop doing that just because you think you're eating more. On days when I eat lousy I try to do more exercise. I still exercise for 60-90 minutes, 4-5 days a week and some days I go at night and pick up a cycling class for an extra workout which I enjoy. Try writing down everything that you eat and see exactly how many calories you're getting. Include everything....like those little mints, candies, gum that we pop in our mouths throughout the day. And how about your fluid intake? Are you drinking enough? Are you not drinking with meals? That's important and I really see a difference when I do sip with meals....I can eat so much more. Don't get into that bad habit. I also find it helpful to keep my food about the same everyday. I find that if I have too many choices I eat more. Anyway, hope this helps. It does get to be a struggle and I always tell people looking into this process that it's only a tool and the food demons and old habits never go away. I struggle with it everyday too. Good luck, Terry Coles
dcox94
on 1/16/07 7:15 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Terry good ideas here....I have started to try and get a hold of the demons now. I have exercised as much as I can without being the "Gym Rat". 3-4 times...90+ minute sessions....weights and cardio. Its the food that is out of control. I think this weekend we do have to do a clean out of snacks....Geez I never really noticed how many different snacks I have brought into the house. So clean up is needed. I do need to start writing down what I am eating because I too am eating things during the day that I have forgotten and of course they have not forgotten me because its reflected on the scale. Thanks for the reminders/tips. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 422 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 907 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 784 views