I've started gaining weight :help:

Alicia W.
on 1/9/08 2:22 am - Ephrata, WA
I just found out yesterday that I have gained 16 pounds in 3 months. I'm freaking out here!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking for an online support group or at least someone I can talk to on a regular basis. Talking to my family is about as helpful as a screen-door on a submarine! Can anybody help me? I'm getting despreate!!!!!!!!!
B.J.
on 1/12/08 8:53 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WLS-and-Still-Hungry/ is a link to a yahoo group that I have started to deal with regain issues. Just cut and paste it into your browser and follow the directions to join. I, too, have been steadily gaining weight over the past 2-3 months, after an initial loss of 152 pounds. I am disgusted with myself but so far unable to turn this ship around on my own. -BJ rny 6/24/2004 308/148-160/and now 180
CVanscyoc
on 2/10/08 2:21 pm - Sarahsville, OH
I am right there with you ...I have gained weight (about 16 lbs.)....and want to get a handle ...but feel like I am just a little over the edge. I hate it my clothes feel a little tighter and I just don't feel good about my self.... any suggestions? Cindy in Ohio 287 starting 150 lowest 165ish current
Alicia W.
on 2/10/08 11:26 pm - Ephrata, WA
Someone told me about this AWESOME website sparkpeople.com you can go there and keep track of what you eat, your weight, your exercise, all kinds of goodies and the best part it is indeed FREE!!!!!!! They have special groups for people with all kinds of issues. I even found one that helps me with my fibromyalgia! Check it out! Alicia
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/08 12:54 am
Have you checked the Grads board? http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_grads/ There are a few of us out there Angie
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/08 3:43 am
There's another Yahoo! Group that you might want to check out: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OSSG_Off_track/
terrycoles
on 3/1/08 9:37 am - Corpus Christi, TX
Go back to basics. Do you drink with meals? Do you eat your protein first? Are you exercising? How much? Do you drink soda's, alcohol? Do you graze all day? We are fortunate enough to have a support group here and the therapist recently read an article with things like that in it. Is talking to your weight loss surgeon an option? My surgeon has us follow up with him once a year, and with the more recent patients they're having them follow up ever 6 months because of the weight gain as the years go on. Start writing down everything you eat and drink and see what you're doing wrong. Hope this helps. Terry
Nancy M.
on 4/13/08 10:46 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
After the surgery, I lost 130 pounds over an 18 month period and was actually at the goal the nutritionist set for me for about 1 day. I regained 30 and have finally been able to get 10 of that back off. The thing is I am a compulsive eater. The surgery helps by making your stomach small so you can't hold much at a time, however, it does not fix the problems in your head. I deal with cravings, stress eating, etc every day. I have found a diet aid that helps me. It's called the pink patch from curbyourcravings.com. It contains herbs that speed up the metabolism, give you energy and curbs the appetite. The best part for me is that it is transdermal and therefore, I don't have to remember to take any more supplements other than my vitamins and fiber.
rafaellagriffin
on 4/14/08 9:03 pm - baltimore, md
I need help 2, I wish u were in Baltimore,md!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 419 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 906 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 782 views