Having revision on 6/24

ap7yrs
on 3/21/08 3:15 am - usedtobe, NY
I'll be revising from lap band to RNY on 6/24. I lost 50 pounds in the first 4 months with the band and then never lost another pound. I still have 70 to go to reach a BMI of 25.
belleflo
on 3/26/08 12:29 am - Anna, TX
Good luck! I am having my 1st (and hopefully only) WLS on 06/11/2008. I'm having a Laproscopic RNY. I just discovered this board last week and am looking forward to getting to know some people "in my shoes". Belle
CANDO
on 4/12/08 6:45 am - DeWitt, VA
I just met my surgeon last week, expecting a lap band. After a very frank discussion on the issues with it I asked if I could revise if it didn't work. He and the bariatric nurse said, "insurance won't cover" simultaneously. I dread the thought of a malnurishment lifestyle after RNY and am seeking all the facts I can on the subject. Thanks for the post!
ap7yrs
on 4/12/08 11:27 pm - usedtobe, NY
It's a tough decision. I wanted the least invasive surgery and I didn't want malabsorption so I chose the lap band. I have pain with eating at almost every meal and I vomit several times a week. I can't get the fill level right between too loose and too full, I can't eat sitting down because it pushes up on the upper stomach, I almost never eat in public because I have a hard time hiding the pain I'm in. I'll welcome the weight loss that comes with the RNY after almost a year of not losing anything. The malabsorption doesn't thrill me, but neither does the heart disease and cancer risk that goes along with me being 70 pounds overweight. I've just decided the risks of malabsorption are much less than the risks associated with morbid obesity. Good luck with your decision. The band does work for a lot of people, it just didn't work for me. I'll look for your decision in the coming weeks (my insurance is covering my revision, but I'm part of a large group policy so they cover almost everything with no problems).
kbarton
on 4/29/08 6:20 am - Rock Hill, SC
That is great. I am having an RNY done on the same day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 790 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 783 views